Glad no staff movement this offseason

BoNeyard

2 hours ago, HANC said:

As much as I would like this move, it would be highly unlikely !  Why would Joseph leave LSU to come back to Nebraska.  The two programs are light years apart at this point.  He is also from Louisiana, so he is working at home on top of that.  I agree with your dream, but just no possible way I see Joseph wanting to make that move.

Unless he's moving to the OC position.

38 minutes ago, Radioactive Man said:

Unless he's moving to the OC position.

I guess, if he is getting a"big" promotion, then it wold be a good career move.  Still not sure he would leave his current gig.  I am in favor if he does !F

On 1/5/2020 at 5:59 PM, GBRFAN said:

i feel like issues with ST have been lack of talent more so then lack of coaching.  When your third string guys that are as good as your second string and almost as good as your starter you have a lot of options at ST.  When you have a lot of good depth at TE, OLB, LB, DB, RB and WR then you have some nice options to field 11 spots on ST.

Of course you need playmakers to make plays on ST but, imo, outside of your actual return guys what you need more than anything is for a focus and priority to be placed on ST and some guys that will give it their all even if they aren't top unit quality guys. Well....and some kickers that don't suck.

Having a dedicated ST coach would show that it's a priority and important. I'm a big Frost guy but, in the end, it is up to him to set the tone and make sure the emphasis is in place.

14 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So if Troy Walters ever leaves for another spot. I say we go get Mickey Joseph from LSU. He is their current receivers coach- Nebraska Alumni. Dude can obviously coach and recruit.

Foosball is getting to be such an arms race, I don't see many top teams chasing OCs or DCs with no prior coordinator experience and in our case, some sort of reputation of being an innovator of the ''next big thing''.  Hopefully we get back to moar better gametime adjustments out of our coordinators as well. 

6 hours ago, EZ-E said:

Matt Lubick. 

It was Helfrich who was fired from the Bears. Bringing him in as OC would be interesting. He would have to also coach the receivers. 

Matt Lubick is not involved in football anymore as he is a businessman. Source

Another name is Jeff Nixon. He is the dad of Nebraska EE William Nixon. Jeff is the Co/OC and RB coach at Baylor- who just lost Rhule to the NFL. Looking at his resume he has no experience really coaching the wide receiver position. His main role has been running backs his whole career. Schaefer bought his name up as someone to watch for potentially. 

21 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

It was Helfrich who was fired from the Bears. Bringing him in as OC would be interesting. He would have to also coach the receivers. 

Another name is Jeff Nixon. He is the dad of Nebraska EE William Nixon. Jeff is the Co/OC and RB coach at Baylor- who just lost Rhule to the NFL. Looking at his resume he has no experience really coaching the wide receiver position. His main role has been running backs his whole career. Schaefer bought his name up as someone to watch for potentially. 

William Nixon is majoring in Electrical Engineering?  That was MY major Freshman year..

57 minutes ago, desertshox said:

Early enrollee. 

Damn engineers. smh

Me too.  Oh those long cold walks across campus my freshman year for Chem, Calc and physics.  Great major and interesting profession but lots of study time.  He’s probably one of those wiz kids for which school comes easy.  Lucky dude.  

9 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

If Walters moved on which I dont feel he will now, Matt Lubick would be Frost's first call. If you recall, Walters almost had the UCF and Rice job. Had he gotten either of those gigs Lubick was ready to head to Lincoln. 

• Plus1 1