The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

What has the Great Fauci done?   Give me a couple examples of things he has done right so far in 50 years of public service?

Lots of DRs in all those places with better creds than Fauci.   

The Lasker Awards have been awarded annually since 1945 to living persons who have made major contributions to medical science or who have performed public service on behalf of medicine.

The Maxwell Finland Award for Scientific Achievement is an award given annually by the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases to a scientist who has made "outstanding contributions to the understanding of infectious diseases or public health

The Ernst Jung Prize is a prize awarded annually for excellence in biomedical sciences

The Presidential Medal of Freedom is an award bestowed by the president of the United States to recognize people who have made "an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors"

The Robert Koch Medal and Award are two prizes awarded annually by the Robert Koch Foundation [de] for excellence in the biomedical sciences.

You really wondering why we're listening to one of the most decorated and well respected Immunologist in the world? The man that's advised 6 presidents? The man whose one of the most cited scientists in the world when it comes to research studies? His peers obviously consider him the best, the people voted to run this country, decade after decade, obviously consider him the best, regardless of party affiliation. Who should we be listening to? Whose your pick to lead NIAID? Obviously the last 6 Presidents have gotten wrong, who are you sending to the plate?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

You really wondering why we're listening to one of the most decorated and well respected Immunologist in the world?

He knows. He's just mad because he loves Trump more than anything and there's no way to deny that Trump is the root of America's problem here.  And he's a good follower so when Trump's propaganda machine turns against Fauci, he follows along.

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

What has the Great Fauci done?   Give me a couple examples of things he has done right so far in 50 years of public service?

Lots of DRs in all those places with better creds than Fauci.   

You do realize that those thousands of Drs across the country have been telling you to take this serious, stay home and wear a mask just like Fauci?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You do realize that those thousands of Drs across the country have been telling you to take this serious, stay home and wear a mask just like Fauci?

Just like with climate change they listen to the 1 nutjob who says what they want to hear. 

• Plus1 3

On 7/28/2020 at 9:16 AM, Moiraine said:

I'm not ok with the anti mask s#!t but I'm ok with Trumpers taking medical advice from the Trumps.

Exactly, two birds one stone.....Darwin....etc.

Not to go on a tangent but if this election is not a complete blowout I'll be surprised. In Colorado, one of the US House or Senate races, all the Dems have to put on TV is that the other guy votes in lock step with Trump. I laugh every time it's on. The repubs are slinging mud in a ridiculous fashion yet all the Dems need to do is associate him with Trump.....and they'll win.

In less than 4 years I've gone from "give the guy a chance" to absolutely hating everything about him and his rationally challenged enablers. I wish they'd all take an overdose of hydroxychloroquine...chlorine...ricin... something, anything effective.

19 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Exactly, two birds one stone.....Darwin....etc.

Not to go on a tangent but if this election is not a complete blowout I'll be surprised. In Colorado, one of the US House or Senate races, all the Dems have to put on TV is that the other guy votes in lock step with Trump. I laugh every time it's on. The repubs are slinging mud in a ridiculous fashion yet all the Dems need to do is associate him with Trump.....and they'll win.

In less than 4 years I've gone from "give the guy a chance" to absolutely hating everything about him and his rationally challenged enablers. I wish they'd all take an overdose of hydroxychloroquine...chlorine...ricin... something, anything effective.

I remember back then you got annoyed at people talking about him so much. Maybe if the media hadn't covered him so much he would never have won.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I remember back then you got annoyed at people talking about him so much. Maybe if the media hadn't covered him so much he would never have won.

I understand the mindset and attitude that got him elected, then. But I can’t for the life of me figure out how he now, 3+ sh#tshow years later, has more than (fill in the population number of blatant racists and brain dead morons) supporters. I’m trying to be nice, really, but I wouldn’t piss in his mouth if his stomach was on fire.

I don’t even need to consider party, policies, or politics. He is just a miserable excuse of a person.

He’s a liar.

He’s a cheater.

He’s a whiner.

He’s a narcissist.

He’s a stupid effin idiot.

That’s enough for me. I don’t even need to list the racier things he likely is. I wish he would quit wasting air that actual decent human beings could put to better use.

BTW, I still think incessantly complaining about him is a waste of time but I happen to be in the mood tonight.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I understand the mindset and attitude that got him elected, then. But I can’t for the life of me figure out how he now, 3+ sh#tshow years later, has more than (fill in the population number of blatant racists and brain dead morons) supporters. I’m trying to be nice, really, but I wouldn’t piss in his mouth if his stomach was on fire.

I don’t even need to consider party, policies, or politics. He is just a miserable excuse of a person.

He’s a liar.

He’s a cheater.

He’s a whiner.

He’s a narcissist.

He’s a stupid effin idiot.

That’s enough for me. I don’t even need to list the racier things he likely is. I wish he would quit wasting air that actual decent human beings could put to better use.

BTW, I still think incessantly complaining about him is a waste of time but I happen to be in the mood tonight.

Honestly at this point its annoying that people make not liking Trump political. I'm more on the left side of things but I would be A ok with a Kasich presidency over this 1 million times. I'd just rather we not be on the brink of facism with this embarrassment leading us forward. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2