The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Horrible news. Cain attended Trump's Tulsa rally, then announced he had contracted COVID-19.

WOW....I saw that he died of COVID, but I didn't realize he got it at Trump's rally.

This is going to be really interesting to see how the MAGA heads play this one.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

WOW....I saw that he died of COVID, but I didn't realize he got it at Trump's rally.

Well, according to messaging they had back in March and April, old people die all the time, it just happens, and they are sacrificing themselves for the good of the economy.

49 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Honestly it seems like a lot of those folks are now relying on the 'this is America and he made a choice' narrative. A lot of them are fine to continue going on and living their lives despite the obvious risks. They think that's part of their fReEdUmS.

• Plus1 1

Herman Cain dead at age 74 from C-19 - which he got when he was in Tulsa for the Trump rally

https://apnews.com/8173fe14f7cf7095ced3b55fdc65581e

Herman Cain, former Republican presidential candidate and former CEO of a major pizza chain who went on to become an ardent supporter of President Donald Trump, has died of complications from the coronavirus. He was 74.

A post on Cain’s Twitter account on Thursday announced the death. Cain had been ill with the virus for several weeks. It’s not clear when or where he was infected, but he was hospitalized less than two weeks after attending Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in June. Cain had been co-chair of Black Voices for Trump.

“We knew when he was first hospitalized with COVID-19 that this was going to be a rough fight,” read an article posted on the Twitter account. “He had trouble breathing and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. We all prayed that the initial meds they gave him would get his breathing back to normal, but it became clear pretty quickly that he was in for a battle.”

Its going to be a bad day. Florida already reporting 252 deaths in the last 24. 172 out of Arizona. We are getting back to April numbers except its spread throughout the south and has potential to go even higher. We need to take action now.

For comparison, yesterday Florida reported 216, AZ 46.

17 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I live in Florida.

My grandmother died in Arizona where my uncle retired.  Her body arrived in Nebraska for a funeral this weekend. 

I have corona virus symptoms being displayed the past 3 days. 

I'm not severe but traveling for the funeral would be irresponsible and I could potentially be the cause of death for people inside and outside of my family if I did travel.

I'll never forget this because its the hardest decision I've ever had to make.  I will be missing my grandmothers' (who helped raise me) funeral thanks to the piss poor excuse of a TURD in the white house making a scientific disease about politics instead of science.

Ignoring scientific fact because Democrat or because Republican is stupid and it kills people.

Thank you for sharing. So sorry to hear about that. So sad this is the terrible reality we are living in. Really hope you stay well! Physically and mentally as its not an easy time already. I know how we all feel about thoughts and prayers but its what I have to send and I'm sending them dadgummit. 

John Hopkins - realistic vaccine availability - end of 2021!!    Not good news.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/07/29/johns-hopkins-press-conference-coronavirus-pandemic-latest/

“We want to make sure that we’re very transparent, that people appreciate that that speed is not compromising safety, nor is it compromising scientific integrity,” Dr. Fauci said.

A reasonable timeline for wide distribution of vaccines is likely the end of 2021, according to Dr. Bar-Zeev.

“Even after we have a vaccine that works and even after we demonstrate its safety and efficacy and even after we’ve produced enough doses to go around, at least for the first round, we still need to get it delivered and that’s going to be a big challenge,” Dr. Bar-Zeev said. “What we’re seeing is science live in real time. I think in the long run, that’s good for science and that’s good for community trust. In the short run, it leaves people feeling a little bit, say, uncomfortable.”

Public faith in a vaccine may depend on politics, Dr. Monica Schoch-Spana of the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security said.

“We’re seeing this political partisanship playing out, sadly, also in terms of vaccine hesitancy,” Dr. Schoch-Spana said. “For some, they may be anxious on whether a COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective. Others may be mistrustful.”

Dr. Schoch-Spana called on more federal leaders to commit any vaccine be free and available.

“We need the government to publically pledge that everyone that wants a vaccine can get one,” Dr. Schoch-Spana said.

Dr. Bar-Zeev said older adults and health care workers will likely be prioritized over others once vaccines are approved.

49 minutes ago, Undone said:

Deleted!

I'm guessing you were afraid of divulging too much info but it was interesting to see the expert thought is there are 3 different strains of COVID circulating in Lincoln. If I've mentioned too much about your post please tell me and I will delete also but that seemed like good info that is fair game to share. 

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm guessing you were afraid of divulging too much info but it was interesting to see the expert thought is there are 3 different strains of COVID circulating in Lincoln. If I've mentioned too much about your post please tell me and I will delete also but that seemed like good info that is fair game to share. 

That's exactly right - I started to get this paranoid feeling. Probably unwarranted by me but obviously I know there are strict rules there and I wouldn't want anybody to get into trouble.

Now that it's deleted though we could still discuss the content, probably.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Undone said:

That's exactly right - I started to get this paranoid feeling. Probably unwarranted by me but obviously I know there are strict rules there and I wouldn't want anybody to get into trouble.

Now that it's deleted though we could still discuss the content, probably.

I think the key takeaways that don't invade into that space are

1. Lincoln area hospitals are doing well and not overwhelmed by COVID in the least at the moment 

2. Tests are coming back false negative on a regular basis.

3. A potential reason for the false negatives is the idea there are 3 strains circulating the area.