The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

17 hours ago, knapplc said:

Just another reminder that Ben Shapiro is a fink.

There is surely a philosophical debate to be had. It's just odd that "pro-lifers" flip to death panels so quickly when they've been screeching for decades.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This video has been removed from YouTube because of false info along with both of these guys being the subject of statements from actual practicing physicians.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/04/29/dubious-coronavirus-claims-by-california-doctors-condemned-by-health-experts/amp/

i only got a few minutes into it before i "knew" they were spreading false info.   glad to see my instincts can still detect B.S. from time to time. 

15 hours ago, commando said:

i only got a few minutes into it before i "knew" they were spreading false info.   glad to see my instincts can still detect B.S. from time to time. 

Hey, this is a forum of "opinion".  Since you only watched a few minutes of the video ... could you take some time to point out the errors you see.  If anything, it would help those of us [I will place myself in this category] who don't have the "true" information.  

For me, I'm still waiting for the 2 - 3.5 million deaths in America to appear.  These must materialize for the current view to be propagated [at least ... that's my opinion].

Just now, BigRedN said:

Hey, this is a forum of "opinion".  Since you only watched a few minutes of the video ... could you take some time to point out the errors you see.  If anything, it would help those of us [I will place myself in this category] who don't have the "true" information.  

For me, I'm still waiting for the 2 - 3.5 million deaths in America to appear.  These must materialize for the current view to be propagated [at least ... that's my opinion].

they said we have never quarantined the healthy.   the Spanish flu epidemic had lots of widespread quarantines.   there have even been links in this thread to the Omaha world herald stories from the time about the quarantines.   

• Plus1 3

10 minutes ago, commando said:

they said we have never quarantined the healthy.

A straw man argument from the start.

We haven't quarantined the healthy during COVID-19 either. This whole time you were still able to exercise, go get take out, go grocery shopping, so on and so forth.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Landlord said:

A straw man argument from the start.

We haven't quarantined the healthy during COVID-19 either. This whole time you were still able to exercise, go get take out, go grocery shopping, so on and so forth.

but we need to get out our guns and show who's boss.   

8 minutes ago, commando said:

they said we have never quarantined the healthy.   the Spanish flu epidemic had lots of widespread quarantines.   there have even been links in this thread to the Omaha world herald stories from the time about the quarantines.   

Ya, I don't get the argument ... so this makes His experience as a Doctor and the looking of statistics across an array of countries to determine what our actual risk is ... as irrelevant ... as false?

For me, I don't get how either a "wrong statement" on quarantining or the history of it negates the facts and statistics shared and observed.  

@commando, any other thoughts that are false that you watched?

1 minute ago, BigRedN said:

Ya, I don't get the argument ... so this makes His experience as a Doctor and the looking of statistics across an array of countries to determine what our actual risk is ... as irrelevant ... as false?

For me, I don't get how either a "wrong statement" on quarantining or the history of it negates the facts and statistics shared and observed.  

@commando, any other thoughts that are false that you watched?

when they start out with a lie i gave up on it.   wasn't going to spend an hour watching something that i already knew they were misrepresenting things.  and might have been right to feel that way since they took the video down for promoting false info.  

• Plus1 3

29 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Medical Doctors are not trained to analyze statistics for infectious diseases.  What they say as MD's should be thrown to the wayside no matter what it is.

This is akin to a Therapist looking at a Psychology experiment and coming to conclusions based on the stats in the experiment...they work in the field of psychology...but they're not qualified to make determinations.

So, then @BlitzFirst, you are saying that if person who specialized in "analyzing statistics" would come up with a totally different conclusion?