The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Where can I get a hold of one of these deals? I'm in Omaha, I know zero ranchers. 

I don't have the tweet but I have the number

402-649-1826

No idea on all the details, just was in a tweet.

Just called the guy, he is out in Norfolk.  Here is the deal

275-300 pound hog...he sells it to you and you find a butcher to do the butchering.  No idea how much that part costs.  But the hog is about 120 dollars.

5 hours ago, ZRod said:

Despite the doom and gloom. The US is doing OK managing the pandemic from what I can see. Just using John Hopkin's website and Google here's what deaths per  one hundred thousand looks like by my count.

Japan - about 0.30

South Korea - about 0.45

Canada - about 7

Germany - about 7

US - about 17

UK - about 31

France - about 34

Italy - about 45

*Russia - about 0.55

*China - about 0.33

I would like to see this data weighted for population density. I'm not sure how that would work exactly, but a big element in this has to be how huge the US is compared to many of these countries and how many places have very few people. 

21 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I would like to see this data weighted for population density. I'm not sure how that would work exactly, but a big element in this has to be how huge the US is compared to many of these countries and how many places have very few people. 

Ya, both per capita and population density seem like they'd be important. Transmission among 1,000,000 in Nebraska would be lower than 1,000,000 in Orange County.

The U.S. has 36 people per square km, France has 117, Italy has 533, UK has 274. It might make sense to compare Italy to New York or NYC, but not to the U.S. overall.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

That's exactly what I did. Take the deaths divide by total population then multiply by 100k. That gives you a normalized reference of deaths per 100k people.

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

How does that tell me anything about population density?

I misunderstood what you said. I normalized for population. What you're asking for would probably be best to visualize in a heatmap of some kind, and ain't nobody on here got time for that!