The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They should probably stop talking about this 2nd wave that’s gonna hit us in the fall.

Things are reopening now. I predict we have the 2nd wave by the first week in June and it’s much worse.

I think that was based off the idea that COVID would be seasonal but there is really no strong evidence that it will be 

10 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think that was based off the idea that COVID would be seasonal but there is really no strong evidence that it will be 

Yeah...Louisiana is the only state in the south on Worldometer that I could find where the deaths are going down and that's very slightly.  

They need to stop talking about the myth of this being seasonal until it's proven to be so.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I heard a report yesterday, that while it may not be seasonal, it is affected by the sun - Sun seems to cause it to 'die' rather quickly versus how long it stays 'alive' on cardboard, plastic, glass, etc.   So if you are going to sneeze, run outside and do so in the middle of bright sunlight.

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I heard a report yesterday, that while it may not be seasonal, it is affected by the sun - Sun seems to cause it to 'die' rather quickly versus how long it stays 'alive' on cardboard, plastic, glass, etc.   So if you are going to sneeze, run outside and do so in the middle of bright sunlight.

I think this is a trait shared by most (all?) viruses and bacteria. UV light in particular is very damaging to cells.

27 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Thank god no one on this board has posted the Plandemic video. A buddy sent it to me and after crapping on it for 2 hours, I think he regretted sending it to me. No wonder Russia was able to so easily influence us via social media, people do no research on their own anymore.

I saw a FB post about an hour ago talking about how stupid it is. I haven't seen it yet.

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah...Louisiana is the only state in the south on Worldometer that I could find where the deaths are going down and that's very slightly.  

They need to stop talking about the myth of this being seasonal until it's proven to be so.

Completely agree. It may be seasonal but we really don't know at this point. I think its better to operate under the assumption it isn't seasonal and have it be than the other way around 

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

They should probably stop talking about this 2nd wave that’s gonna hit us in the fall.

Things are reopening now. I predict we have the 2nd wave by the first week in June and it’s much worse.

It’s no wonder so many people are morons about climate change. Trying to slow that down requires a lot of foresight. We can’t even wait a couple f#&%ing months with covid. I know people are suffering (we need a stronger government response) but it’s gonna get a whole hell of a lot worse if we continue on this path, and since our federal government leadership is absolute s#!t, we definitely will. 

I heard an interview recently that touched on John McCain's time in as a POW in Vietnam. 

He made it five and a half years suffering as a prisoner of war, in part because he cared about his fellow service members and didn't want preferential treatment that could've gotten him out of there before them. He was tortured and beaten on a near daily basis.

We can't make it more than a couple months chilling at our own homes with all our amenities and venturing out into public with masks on.

I get that there's a financial component to this for many people and I don't want to disparage them because I get that you've got to pay the bills, but this McCain analogy really creates a pretty jarring contrast to the folks up in arms about civil liberties being trampled right now.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I heard an interview recently that touched on John McCain's time in as a POW in Vietnam. 

He made it five and a half years suffering as a prisoner of war, in part because he cared about his fellow service members and didn't want preferential treatment that could've gotten him out of there before them. He was tortured and beaten on a near daily basis.

We can't make it more than a couple months chilling at our own homes with all our amenities and venturing out into public with masks on.

I get that there's a financial component to this for many people and I don't want to disparage them because I get that you've got to pay the bills, but this McCain analogy really creates a pretty jarring contrast to the folks up in arms about civil liberties being trampled right now.

I know you know this, but the thing about the financial component is that can realistically be remedied if the government chose to do so. We can get people through this time financially, but the government can't help much if you contract COVID 

• Plus1 1

I can't read the article, but I agree with the headline.

To me, and I think it's probably what they are saying, is two fold:

a)  We started testing to late.

b)  If you look at tests per million population, we are 14th on the list according to Wordometer.  .

1 hour ago, commando said:

want to bet the far right will view this as a deep state attempt to kill trump?  and i assume the valet will get death threats from the stormtrumpers

Fun (alternative) fact: McDonald's food cannot carry disease due to its lack of nutritional value. That's why Donnie loves it.

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Also you go outside more when the weather is nice.  Viruses spread in enclosed petri dishes, especially cruise ships and subways.