The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Just in time for Trump's big rally in Tulsa:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article243485396.html

A Whirlpool plant in Tulsa, Oklahoma, has temporarily closed due to a coronavirus outbreak one week before President Donald Trump will visit the city for a rally.

The factory employs more than 1,600 workers, though it’s not clear how many have been infected with COVID-19, according to KOTV.

Whirlpool plans to re-open early next week and has already completed contact tracing on the infected employees, the company said.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:26 AM, RedDenver said:

:facepalm:

Im gonna call BS on this one. All the people shown in that picture are wearing crap masks. None of them would be a suitable mask to keep from contaminating something as critical as sterile swabs.  Or that picture is being used out of context.....

Edit- after reading the article, scrapping the masks produced during the tour was always planned. It had nothing to do specifically with Trump not wearing a mask. These types of portrayals are why we can’t believe anything anymore.

On 6/9/2020 at 8:35 AM, BigRedN said:

This guy made some good points about keeping the lockdown longer.

I've seen this guy be kinda funny before, but this is really a swing and a miss.

Interestingly enough, there have been times in this country where automobile deaths were considered an epidemic -- one of the biggest killers in the U.S. -- and the issue was researched, steps were taken, and cooperation between the federal government and automakers significantly reduced per capita auto fatalities. 

Yes, there was no quarantine of cars involved. But given the choice, nobody would go back to the "freedom" of less safe cars and highways, either.  

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I've seen this guy be kinda funny before, but this is really a swing and a miss.

Interestingly enough, there have been times in this country where automobile deaths were considered an epidemic -- one of the biggest killers in the U.S. -- and the issue was researched, steps were taken, and cooperation between the federal government and automakers significantly reduced per capita auto fatalities. 

Yes, there was no quarantine of cars involved. But given the choice, nobody would go back to the "freedom" of less safe cars and highways, either.  

I know a few more ways we can make driving safer...but I better not post them . Haha

One thing (I thought this was my billion dollar idea) when you are at an intersection and going to turn left...and you have a car approaching and the light changes to yellow, so you look at that approaching car to try and figure out if they are slowing down or speeding up...right?

So, why no brake lights on the front of cars?  Then you would know...seems safer.  I researched it a few years back and there is already a patent on that idea...I was so pissed!

39 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Im gonna call BS on this one. All the people shown in that picture are wearing crap masks. None of them would be a suitable mask to keep from contaminating something as critical as sterile swabs.  Or that picture is being used out of context.....

Edit- after reading the article, scrapping the masks produced during the tour was always planned. It had nothing to do specifically with Trump not wearing a mask. These types of portrayals are why we can’t believe anything anymore.

No...can't be!  THERE WAS A LINK!  IT IS TRUE!

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No...can't be!  THERE WAS A LINK!  IT IS TRUE!

Well, to be fair, the linked USA article appeared to be factual. The problem was the way that guy distorted the truth with his tweet and then the multiple people that passed it on perpetuating misinformation.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well, to be fair, the linked USA article appeared to be factual. The problem was the way that guy distorted the truth with his tweet and then the multiple people that passed it on perpetuating misinformation.

Yep...That is why I have said that no matter who is writing or reporting, it is tainted.  Maybe not even in an evil way but it is like when you retell a story from work...your spin is now on it.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

The title could have been better, but the sentiment is the same. If we have a shortage of swabs and they know before hand that they would discard a bunch just because of the visit....then why visit?  Or, why not visit, but not tour the production area?  

Fact is, Trump doesn’t give a s#!t aBout anything as long as there is a photo op. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The title could have been better, but the sentiment is the same. If we have a shortage of swabs and they know before hand that they would discard a bunch just because of the visit....then why visit?  Or, why not visit, but not tour the production area?  

Fact is, Trump doesn’t give a s#!t aBout anything as long as there is a photo op. 

I completely agree with all of this. I just took some issue with it being portrayed as "this idiot stumbled in and ruined a day's production by not wearing his mask". That isn't what happened. There is way more than enough real things this particular idiot does and says. IMO it does a disserve by purposely trying to make them appear even worse. If everyone simply stuck to the absolute truth, in context, I believe it would provide less excuses for his supporters.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I completely agree with all of this. I just took some issue with it being portrayed as "this idiot stumbled in and ruined a day's production by not wearing his mask". That isn't what happened. There is way more than enough real things this particular idiot does and says. IMO it does a disserve by purposely trying to make them appear even worse. If everyone simply stuck to the absolute truth, in context, I believe it would provide less excuses for his supporters.

Agree.

the article was factually correct. The title was misleading. 

• Plus1 1