The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Amen!

TDS, Orange Man, Oompa Loompa...

All that stuff should be stopped and the people that use them should get a warning.

If Trump starts posting on the forum and someone calls him that to his internet face, then sure.

But no, I wasn't suggesting people get a warning for using "TDS"  - they just aren't worth talking about this to.

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

If Trump starts posting on the forum and someone calls him that to his internet face, then sure.

But no, I wasn't suggesting people get a warning for using "TDS"  - they just aren't worth talking about this to.

That is an interesting take!  I 100% agree!

There should be no warnings or bannings for making fun of a person (in this case a political figure) unless they themselves are posting here.

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

LOL me recognizing that government sucks at everything no matter who occupies the White House is blaming everyone but Trump? It's more like blaming everyone including him....

And it's also a proclamation that people need to stop looking to Washington to solve problems and bear the burden of responsibility themselves...

It really doesn't matter what Trump does. The man could literally eradicate the virus with his bare hands and people with TDS would either find a way to complain or more likely just make something up in order to slander him. It's truly unreal watching it all unfold without a ton of investment one way or the other

All governments do not fail like this. Look at how many people other countries are testing compared to us. 

There are examples of our own government doing great things in crisis. 9/11, Pearl Harbor, Hurricane relief at times, starting rebuild from Great Depression and Recession are just a few. 

This has been a f#&% up from the beginning because Trump is all about himself. 

And, Trump supporters obviously will do anything to give him a pass. 

And, other presidents don’t lie constantly to the public in a crisis. “I didn’t know the Pandemic office in the White House was closed...must have been obama.”  

• Plus1 2

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

So, the one who leads the country by making up third grade names for everyone is too much of a snowflake to handle it?

My guess is probably?,  He seems like a huge baby and also seems like a "I am going to take my ball and go home" type of person, you know the type!  

I am just glad people are starting to agree that it is okay to call politicians names and make fun of them WITHOUT getting a warning or vacation.  Because I got in "trouble" for it in the past and it was wrong to get in trouble for it then and it is wrong now.

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It really doesn't matter what Trump does. The man could literally eradicate the virus with his bare hands and people with TDS would either find a way to complain or more likely just make something up in order to slander him.

For some reason I just have a hard time believing you had this same perspective about Obama and all the coocoo zany s#!t Republicans/Fox News tried to attack him with. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Glad they got caught.  

Get what you need.  Leave some for your neighbors.  Reach out to those at risk to help get them stuff so they don't have to go out.  

So if domestic travel is restricted, can truck drivers/FedEx/Amazon/UPS still travel to deliver commerce?  My county getting thin on a lot of stuff...

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

How would the sick leave work?

Is it that you would get paid for the entire time you were sick or is it just that your job is still going to be there when you come back?

I am hoping they can figure something out and put politics aside.  EVERYONE is going to feel this.  Not just those who vote for "X"......

Grabbed Papa Johns tonight and manager said their policy is if an employee tests positive they shut down (all 7 stores in the city) for two weeks.  That's a lot of folks without money coming in.....I know locally they say to shop there if you can.  Tip better if possible at local restaurants and buy gift cards to local stores.  Might help off set some loss....  

Love to see some credit card/mortgage/interest free credit debt/payroll tax  etc until this thing works itself out....

8 minutes ago, lo country said:

Glad they got caught.  

Get what you need.  Leave some for your neighbors.  Reach out to those at risk to help get them stuff so they don't have to go out.  

So if domestic travel is restricted, can truck drivers/FedEx/Amazon/UPS still travel to deliver commerce?  My county getting thin on a lot of stuff...

I love that I can't read this (rather unique and important) story without a NYT subscription!  Hahaha . Irony!

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

I am hoping they can figure something out and put politics aside.  EVERYONE is going to feel this.  Not just those who vote for "X"......

Grabbed Papa Johns tonight and manager said their policy is if an employee tests positive they shut down (all 7 stores in the city) for two weeks.  That's a lot of folks without money coming in.....I know locally they say to shop there if you can.  Tip better if possible at local restaurants and buy gift cards to local stores.  Might help off set some loss....  

Love to see some credit card/mortgage/interest free credit debt/payroll tax  etc until this thing works itself out....

Two things

1.  How was the Papa Johns?  I love that place!

2.  The no interest thing is awesome!