The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, that also means there are people dying of Covid that weren’t tested and the death is classified as something else. 

If you’re a pt with a fever, increase O2 needs, possible intubation and mechanical ventilation - you’re gonna get tested. If you’re 20, mild fever, no increased work or breathing, you’re gonna get sent home test less. 

10 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I’m guess per hospital protocol those people are being testing - were only able to test the worst of the worst - hence the ones on deaths door. 

They've already admitted there were deaths classified as influenza that tested positive for coronavirus posthumously and the death count didn't add those. Who knows how many haven't been tested posthumously 

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I’m read a research article this morning that estimated they are only testing 10% of infected people at this time. That would bring the fatality rate down significantly, but at the same time, it means it’s everywhere and containment will be all but impossible. 

I agree the death rate is likely too high, but how high is a fair question. If someone dies today they were infected likely 3-4 weeks ago so numbers could be way higher but we won't know the outcomes on the new cases for weeks 

On 3/13/2020 at 7:17 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Just seeing this. There's a lot to this

1. Why tag me? LOL 

2. "My understanding is" is the key part of that quote from... who? 2nd paragraph is conjecture at best

3. At this point, absolutely no media person on the left or the right have any credibility, so I'd venture to guess this is bull$hit but I'll do the 4th pt as if it's 100% true and not slanted garbage which it probably is...

4. Not sure why I'm tagged as if I don't already know that the government is woefully incompetent at everything they do, regardless of who is in office. But this is far from an abnormality. Evidence shows that the government knew about pearl harbor and WTC attacks before they happened and did nothing to stop them. I could spend hours researching and list probably hundreds or thousands of instances where the government did a horrible job in times of crisis (but I'll save my time) because that's what government does: waste, incompetence, and corruption - no matter who fills the presidency or Congress. 

8 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

4. Not sure why I'm tagged as if I don't already know that the government is woefully incompetent at everything they do, regardless of who is in office. But this is far from an abnormality. Evidence shows that the government knew about pearl harbor and WTC attacks before they happened and did nothing to stop them. I could spend hours researching and list probably hundreds or thousands of instances where the government did a horrible job in times of crisis (but I'll save my time) because that's what government does: waste, incompetence, and corruption - no matter who fills the presidency or Congress. 

Because I’d love for Trump supporters to explain how you can still support this guy. 

Thanks, you basically just blamed everyone but Trump. 

that says a lot. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

NC Governor just cancelled school for 2 weeks minimum (K-12).  Recommends no gatherings of more than 100 persons.....Many churches online services only until further notice...

Containment has passed.  Mitigation is the key.  Flatten the trajectory.

Stay well Huskerboard.  

PSA we are all in this together........

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Because I’d love for Trump supporters to explain how you can still support this guy. 

Thanks, you basically just blamed everyone but Trump. 

that says a lot. 

LOL me recognizing that government sucks at everything no matter who occupies the White House is blaming everyone but Trump? It's more like blaming everyone including him....

And it's also a proclamation that people need to stop looking to Washington to solve problems and bear the burden of responsibility themselves...

It really doesn't matter what Trump does. The man could literally eradicate the virus with his bare hands and people with TDS would either find a way to complain or more likely just make something up in order to slander him. It's truly unreal watching it all unfold without a ton of investment one way or the other

11 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It really doesn't matter what Trump does. The man could literally eradicate the virus with his bare hands and people with TDS would either find a way to complain or more likely just make something up in order to slander him. It's truly unreal watching it all unfold without a ton of investment one way or the other

Do you not think he brings this general narrative onto himself by what he says and the fact that he has taken absolutely zero accountability for anything, ever?  

If you are really neutral on Trump, then surely you can at least see why he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from many people.  Including a lot of relatively moderate people on this board.

• Plus1 2