The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Yeah... nobody said it's the media's fault @knapplc

But they've been equally if not more irresponsible in their reporting than usual. I guess we shouldn't be surprised...

Soooo, it's NOT the media's fault for the media making things 100x worse???

I'm really f#&%ing confused...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Soooo, it's NOT the media's fault for the media making things 100x worse???

I'm really f#&%ing confused...

Of all the actors involved in this farce of a play, for some reason someone wants us to focus on the gallery and not the headliner.

Gosh. Why would that be?

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Yeah... nobody said it's the media's fault @knapplc

But they've been equally if not more irresponsible in their reporting than usual. I guess we shouldn't be surprised...

Opinion pieces, editorials, personal views of people who work in media, etc., none of this is "reporting". So which is it, the media, or the media reporting? 

First thing you link doesn't give context. 

Second thing you link makes a claim with no source or proof or context.

Third is an opinion piece, not reporting.

Fourth is actual real news and isn't misleading or sensationalized.

Fifth isn't 'the media', it's Hillary Clinton's twitter.

The sixth is a screenshot of a factually accurate headline, and then a sourced assessment from a qualified expert.

Seventh is a columnist's personal twitter thoughts. She's conservative too, funny enough.

Eighth is, again, an opinion piece.

Ninth is some perspective of satire comedy.

Tenth is unclear what if anything it is.

Two of the things you linked were "reporting". Neither "made things worse". Most of the other things didn't "make things worse" either. At least if you're gonna be angry at the bad irresponsible media, be non-partisanly angry about it and include some conservative media propaganda and flat out lies too. Try to be even remotely consistent.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Again... not gonna sit here and argue semantics with you. I think you're being intentionally obtuse

I don’t think you know what “semantics” means.

You want to bash news outlets and the people that read/listen to them. You believe their reporting is making the situation worse, you just can’t explain why.

News outlets are saying Accurate things about the situation and it makes you uncomfortable.  You chose to consume people’s opinions as news, that’s on you.

• Plus1 3

The Moron in Chief can't stop messing up the message.

One of the things Trump ad-libs all the time are promises for aid & supplies. He claimed weeks ago there would be a million test "by Friday."  Well, it's weeks later and there still aren't a million tests.

And then there's this. This is unconscionable. 

• Thanks 2

I was beginning to think about this over the weekend.  This is going to be the point where s#!t hits the fan.

I started to see tweets from leaders claiming we are "half way through the 15 day quarantine". (Pence) 

Ummm...bull s#!t.  Even the Moron and Chief (sorry Knapp, I liked that name so I stole it from you) is talking about the 15 days.

Meanwhile...back at the ranch.

Experts are claiming we won't see the peak level of new cases for another 30 days.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was beginning to think about this over the weekend.  This is going to be the point where s#!t hits the fan.

I started to see tweets from leaders claiming we are "half way through the 15 day quarantine".  

Ummm...bull s#!t.  Even the Moron and Chief (sorry Knapp, I liked that name so I stole it from you) is talking about the 15 days.

Meanwhile...back at the ranch.

Experts are claiming we won't see the peak level of new cases for another 30 days.

This is why I am surprised that school districts have not just come out and said "you are not going back this year"

• Plus1 1