Dem VP choice

VP Choice  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think you'll be cashing in. Sounds like its down to Harris and Rice. IDK if your site has odds for it, but I would lay some money down on Harris being POTUS in 2024 as well. 

Nothing is up right now on my site, but Rice was on there as a choice for VP as well.  

40 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

https://theindependent.com/opinion/columnists/trouble-with-joe-biden-s-vice-president-choices/article_

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden appears to have painted himself into a corner with his promise to select a woman — and apparently from the candidates on his short list, an African-American woman — to be his running mate. While it is just the latest example of his party’s tribalism in which externals, such as race and gender are preferred over actual ideas, in the end it will make no difference because the Democratic Party looks to have been taken over by hardcore leftists.

The writer of this article either doesn't know what "painted himself into a corner" means or is a moron. Biden didn't paint himself into a corner at all. There are plenty of good candidates to choose from. Poor phrase to use here. Everyone has flaws, what is so horrible about the people on Biden's list that Biden needs to open it up to men now? That's what the author is implying by using this phrase.

I disagree with what he did but "stupid" or "unthoughtful" are more accurate descriptions. Promising you're going to pick a woman or an African American woman takes away the idea that she earned the job because she was the best for the position. He should have said out of his candidates for VP, many of them are women. Even if secretly he knew he was going to pick a woman, he didn't have to promise to pick one.

• Plus1 3
14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The writer of this article either doesn't know what "painted himself into a corner" means or is a moron. Biden didn't paint himself into a corner at all. There are plenty of good candidates to choose from. Poor phrase to use here. Everyone has flaws, what is so horrible about the people on Biden's list that Biden needs to open it up to men now? That's what the author is implying by using this phrase.

I disagree with what he did but "stupid" or "unthoughtful" are more accurate descriptions. Promising you're going to pick a woman or an African American woman takes away the idea that she earned the job because she was the best for the position. He should have said out of his candidates for VP, many of them are women. Even if secretly he knew he was going to pick a woman, he didn't have to promise to pick one.

I took that phrase to mean that Biden shut himself off from numerous other folks that might be more than capable of being VP, just because they have a d*ck. 

I agree with you, in that he messed up in a bigger fashion initially, by not using a phrase such as you turned above. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I took that phrase to mean that Biden shut himself off from numerous other folks that might be more than capable of being VP, just because they have a d*ck. 

I agree with you, in that he messed up in a bigger fashion initially, by not using a phrase such as you turned above. 

That might be what the writer meant but the writer doesn't know how to use the phrase. Biden only painted himself into a corner if the choices he has left are all bad. 

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think you'll be cashing in. Sounds like its down to Harris and Rice. IDK if your site has odds for it, but I would lay some money down on Harris being POTUS in 2024 as well. 

Harris would need to have an amazing stint as VP to even win the Dem nomination next time, let alone the presidency.

7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

That might be what the writer meant but the writer doesn't know how to use the phrase. Biden only painted himself into a corner if the choices he has left are all bad. 

Of the candidates who ran for president, I think the most capable & electable  were females  - Warren, Harris, Amy K

Sanders - had vision but not the leadership skills or the electibility

Mayor Peter  - really had nothing more than being the openly gay guy - but experience was lacking

Sen Booker - was my early favorite but he flamed out and couldn't catch on  - which surprised me.  He may have been a likely VP choice

It seems like a decade ago now - the primaries - I'm forgetting the 100s of candidates on the Dem stage. 

11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

"First week in August" so ya he delayed it. I've heard that maybe he was gonna pick Bass then changed his mind.

Somebody parsed the language and suggested he meant he'd make his final decision last week and announce it this week.

I always got the sense Bass was kind of foisted on him by other people who thought she'd be a homerun consensus pick but that he was never actually sold on her himself. Obviously it's kind of moot now because she got absolutely decimated by the Cuba/communism/Scientology stuff.