Covid-19 Legislation

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I mean this is something that has been ironic forever. Generally the red states that complain loudest about big government are the poorest ones most reliant on federal assistance.

I mean...

FedAidtoStates.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Cuomo is on fire right now in his press conference.

The Dems would be smart to figure a way to get him on the top of the ticket.   Biden remains in the shadows while Cuomo is leading the charge against tRump

2 hours ago, commando said:

we have the bankruptcy king leading the country.   of course everyone needs to go bankrupt.

Hope the voters kick him out of office.  Arrogant snob.

On 4/24/2020 at 2:01 PM, TGHusker said:

The Dems would be smart to figure a way to get him on the top of the ticket.   Biden remains in the shadows while Cuomo is leading the charge against tRump

Hope the voters kick him out of office.  Arrogant snob.

A lot of talk about this happening...

"The food supply chain is breaking," wrote board chairman John Tyson in a full-page advertisement published Sunday in The New York Times, Washington Post and Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

What purpose does an ad like this serve other than to exacerbate the problem by leading more people to hoard/pack their freezers?

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

What purpose does an ad like this serve other than to exacerbate the problem by leading more people to hoard/pack their freezers?

35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would need to see the ad.

I would assume this is what she's referring to. Correct me if I'm wrong @Moiraine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/27/tyson-food-supply-coronavirus/%3foutputType=amp

2 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

Yeah...but, I would like to see and read the actual ad.

It sounds like they placed the ad in an attempt to get the various levels of government to help them stay open.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It sounds like they placed the ad in an attempt to get the various levels of government to help them stay open.

Gotcha, I also found this. I didnt read deep into it, just trying to help

https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/tyson-ad/86b9290d-115b-4628-ad80-0e679dcd2669/?itid=lk_inline_manual_2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

My assumption was a) what you're saying and b) try to sell a higher % of their product right now before s#!t really hits the fan.

But I think they are endangering the public and making things worse by making this statement. 

If we all have to get by on 15% less meat that's really not a big deal. If 10% of us hoard 40% of the meat because someone causes a panic, that's a bigger deal.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

My assumption was a) what you're saying and b) try to sell a higher % of their product right now before s#!t really hits the fan.

But I think they are endangering the public and making things worse by making this statement. 

If we all have to get by on 15% less meat that's really not a big deal. If 10% of us hoard 40% of the meat because someone causes a panic, that's a bigger deal.

This is more about the producers rather than consumers. Iowa pig farmers are hurting bad right now