Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

I sense momentum building for this October start. Teams would have to start in pads within two weeks. They are still practicing at some Big Ten schools. For those that are not, they probably need the entire month. Seems like we will know soon if there are legs to this rumor. Thanks for talking football rumors folks. :cowbell: My hopes are back up a bit, just in time for a Holiday weekend.  Maybe I should stop reading this thread until Tuesday. :smokin

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

So, presuming nine vote to play and five vote no, what do you do, as a conference, with those five schools? Allow them to opt out? Force them to play? If they opt out, what does the schedule look like?  And what happens if, say, Illinois says they want to play now, but they decide later not to? 

I think when the conference chose to shut down the season- they required all schools to obey the conferences decision. If they choose to play- don’t they have to require all schools to obey the conferences decision?

Personally if some teams want to opt out it doesn’t bother me. But I think the Big10 will be opening themselves up to more scrutiny if they allow teams to break formation 

Am I in an extreme minority by not really caring if anyone plays this year?  If they play, great!  If not, it's just another disappointment piled on top of a million others this year.  I'm really too tired at this point to give a s#!t.  I have enough COVID related stress in my week that I plan on drinking beers on Saturdays with, or without, college football.  I know it means a lot to the players; but as a fan, it just seems like a year of going through the motions and everyone knows it doesn't really count anyway...

I'll watch if it's on.  If not, I won't. Oh well.  I just hope the players get what they want as long as it's done responsibly.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
14 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Am I in an extreme minority by not really caring if anyone plays this year?  If they play, great!  If not, it's just another disappointment piled on top of a million others this year.  I'm really too tired at this point to give a s#!t.  I have enough COVID related stress in my week that I plan on drinking beers on Saturdays with, or without, college football.  I know it means a lot to the players; but as a fan, it just seems like a year of going through the motions and everyone knows it doesn't really count anyway...

I'll watch if it's on.  If not, I won't. Oh well.  I just hope the players get what they want as long as it's done responsibly.

Covid Fatigue.  Welcome to the club,