Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

If the PAC12 comes back the B1G has to or they'll be a total laughingstock. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the Group 5 coming back sooner than expected. It seems like more places are starting sports back up than restricting them.

It'd honestly be funny if the Pac 12 announced first. The pressure on the B1G would be immense. No way Warren would want to be on that island all by himself.

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It'd honestly be funny if the Pac 12 announced first. The pressure on the B1G would be immense. No way Warren would want to be on that island all by himself.

Yup ha this test they have now they can do in the locker room with results in 15 minutes. The B1G is probably scrambling to keep up. 

Larry Scott:

The Pac- 12 didn’t think they’d have this type of testing capability until November at the earliest, so this news is a highly encouraging development. Scott noted that he’s been speaking with Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren frequently. “A high priority for the Pac-12 would be to align our seasons,” Scott said. “It would be awesome to have some of the traditional postseason opportunities the Pac-12 and Big Ten have enjoyed with each other.”

They have a way to save face. This IS going to happen. :horns2

• Fire 1

I finally found at least a qualitative description of the accuracy of these new tests:

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-updates-methods-cost-availability/

Antigen tests are the newest diagnostic test for SARS-CoV-2, and they tend to be cheaper to make due to their simpler design. Currently, four companies have been issued authorization by the FDA to distribute these tests. The latest antigen test that has been approved, BinaxNOW by Abbott, will be sold for $5.

Compared to molecular tests, antigen tests are useful due to their speed but are not as sensitive, meaning that there is a greater chance of a false negative result. However, they are very specific for the virus so positive results are going to be highly accurate.

If your antigen test comes back positive, it is very likely that you have the virus. If your test comes back negative, you’ll likely want to confirm your negative result using a molecular test.  

• Plus1 2

I was positive with the antigen test.  I was tested less than 24 hours after the first symptoms.  The biggest symptom I had was loss of taste and smell.  That lasted about 3 1/2 weeks.  

Antigen tests does get a bad rap, but we are hoping the vaccine is 75% effective.  Is anything sure?  Have to go with what is best and most cost effective.

Also, sucky thing?  You can test positive for up 2 to 3 months.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

If your antigen comes back positive- you have probably  HAD The virus. 

unless they use it for baseline testing. 

Antigen <> Antibody

Antigens are substances the induce an immune system response.

Antibodies are proteins in the body that recognize and bind to antigens.  At lease, this is the way I understand the information here:

https://www.technologynetworks.com/immunology/articles/antigen-vs-antibody-what-are-the-differences-293550

• Plus1 5

1 hour ago, rocketlb said:

Antigen <> Antibody

Antigens are substances the induce an immune system response.

Antibodies are proteins in the body that recognize and bind to antigens.  At lease, this is the way I understand the information here:

https://www.technologynetworks.com/immunology/articles/antigen-vs-antibody-what-are-the-differences-293550

That is true. Thanks 

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

what maters more to me is their outcome. We all have crap in our system we could test “positive” for. But our bodies fight it off and we never knew the difference. 

if the 46 athletes have this and nary a one has mild to severe symptoms and recover shortly, it’s a GOOD THING. 

we had this dope, Joe Br*wn (name hidden for privacy) on our football team who tested positive for the Clap after a Friday night hookup. He told us like he was proud or some s#!t. Showed us his gross tongue. We made him bring his own water to practice and no one stood near him until he got his penicillin lol. 

that’s some humor, locker room style lol. 
but for real tho...everyone’s body is being attacked every day by bacteria and virus. How do we turn our? That is what matters. If 46 tested positive, but there aren’t any “serious” complications, then they are good....let’s move on. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, I am I said:

what maters more to me is their outcome. We all have crap in our system we could test “positive” for. But our bodies fight it off and we never knew the difference. 

if the 46 athletes have this and nary a one has mild to severe symptoms and recover shortly, it’s a GOOD THING. 

we had this dope, Joe Br*wn (name hidden for privacy) on our football team who tested positive for the Clap after a Friday night hookup. He told us like he was proud or some s#!t. Showed us his gross tongue. We made him bring his own water to practice and no one stood near him until he got his penicillin lol. 

that’s some humor, locker room style lol. 
but for real tho...everyone’s body is being attacked every day by bacteria and virus. How do we turn our? That is what matters. If 46 tested positive, but there aren’t any “serious” complications, then they are good....let’s move on. 

The clap sounds naaasty lol.  I think most young adults obviously can survive.  To me it's the spreading.  How far will the spider web go.  That's the scary part for me.  

The clap sounds horrifying also.  No thanks!