Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

21 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

This is a good point - however AIDS is a different beast.  AIDS came first and then something else comes along and kills you.  With COVID (in most cases) you already got something and then COVID comes along and kills you.

Not sure what you're saying here. I don't know how many people "got" something prior to COVID, but it's certainly true that pre-existing conditions including asthma, diabetes, obesity, and weakened immune systems contribute greatly to COVID morbidity. But many people are living relatively normal lives with these conditions, so it's not like COVID is the final straw. Influenza works the same way, but is five times less deadly.

There's also informed speculation that many COVID deaths were under-reported in the early stages when the spike in pneumonia deaths were probably opportunistic COVID deaths.  No doubt some of these pneumonia deaths would have been survivable in previous years. 

If the debate is whether COVID is better or worse than we thought, I think the answer is clearly yes. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Not sure what you're saying here. I don't know how many people "got" something prior to COVID, but it's certainly true that pre-existing conditions including asthma, diabetes, obesity, and weakened immune systems contribute greatly to COVID morbidity. But many people are living relatively normal lives with these conditions, so it's not like COVID is the final straw. Influenza works the same way, but is five times less deadly.

There's also informed speculation that many COVID deaths were under-reported in the early stages when the spike in pneumonia deaths were probably opportunistic COVID deaths.  No doubt some of these pneumonia deaths would have been survivable in previous years. 

If the debate is whether COVID is better or worse than we thought, I think the answer is clearly yes. 

I thought the answer was 42.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Because those kids deserve as much of a chance to play as ours do. 

True. But they are sheep. They are going to follow whatever the BIG10 does. I know in my business if you want to get something done you dont waste your time talking to the workers. You talk to the man in charge. In this scenario the man in charge is the BIG10. The PAC12 follows the BIG10 lead on this. If we announce we will play the PAC12 will soon follow.

Updated summary of current events:

• High School football playing across the entire US (except Gretchigan and a few select schools) and doing just fine.  ESPN U has been televising High School football games lol.
  • SEC, ACC, and Big 12 are prepping for a start to their football season in a week with no delay or issues in sight....asshoes.
  • The Big 14 Comish Kevin Warren will not be pulling his son out of playing football at the same level of competition of the conference that he just canceled the season due to concerns for the player's health for the pandemic.
  • POTUS wants everyone to play football this fall and is actually taking action to get this done and the reaction of some is in the same flavor of disgust that ESPN/MSM talking heads had for Nebraska wanting to play football this fall.
  • Sir Yacht continues to be wrong, but we love his enthusiasm/blind hope! 
  • Alcohol brands and distributors are going to see a massive spike in sales this fall in the big 14 states and are celebrating.
  • Final four playoff will most likely be Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, and LSU/Georgia with Bama taking the NC in the final against Clemson.
  • We all know what is coming in the Spring...cancellation of the season.  With the NCAA giving an extra year of eligibility and an eventual false-positive spike during the flu season, not to mention the winter blizzards, Kevin Warren and company have all the ammo they need to kill the season from happening at all.  After calling the Nebraska player's lawsuit a "fishing expedition" and letters from the parents pointing out their blatant lack of leadership, transparency, and hypocrisy, you know the Big 14 bureaucrats are just itching for payback and their excuse will be that the players can stay an extra year if they want to.

Untitled.png

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I honestly thought I was in the P&R Forum when I responded. I'll be more vigilant in the future, but if you pull my last post, please pull the rest in the thread. 

I believe I got most of the recent ones from the last several pages but if I missed some please use the report function.