Two Defensive Analysts Added

I hope these guys can help work out some kinks.

"The Cornhuskers have added former NFL assistant Bill McGovern and college assistant Bobby Maffei as analysts. Both are listed on the school website's staff directory, though it was not immediately clear how long either has been on staff."

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

These analysts don’t make much $, so they wouldn’t be a big hit to the budget. 

Perhaps not but if they have to

layoff half the 400 plus employees if the season is cancelled, it wont be a good deal morale wise and with all the extra time the coaching staff has this spring / summer why do they need extra “analysts”.  that is the job of the coaches fhemselves.  imo.  

4 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

Chin in a bit over his head?  yes, he may be looking at the wrong things??

defense by committee?

I think saying he's in over his head is a bit unfair. There are lots of reasons the defense has struggled. It's just nice to get multiple opinions and bounce ideas off each other. If hiring 2 analysts means he's in over his head, then I guess Saban doesn't know the first thing about football...

• Plus1 2

McGovern has a better resume than any assistant on our staff. Given his coaching history I assume he and Dawson are boys. Wonder whether this is just a low-stress coaching gig to take while the Giants are paying him or if he's getting the lay of the land for a potential long-term gig here. 

Appears Maffei was focused on ST's in prior gigs, like that we're paying more attention to that area. 

15 minutes ago, Danimal said:

McGovern has a better resume than any assistant on our staff. Given his coaching history I assume he and Dawson are boys. Wonder whether this is just a low-stress coaching gig to take while the Giants are paying him or if he's getting the lay of the land for a potential long-term gig here. 

Appears Maffei was focused on ST's in prior gigs, like that we're paying more attention to that area. 

Good insight.  I would imagine it's probably a little of all 3.  $36k for a dude like McGovern is a steal.