Jump to content


The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct


Recommended Posts


14 minutes ago, commando said:

does anyone remember when trump told the police to not be so nice when arresting thugs?   to rough them up a little?    or when gun nuts stormed the michigan state house (or was it governer mansion?  if forget)_ and trump told the governor to meet with those very fine people and work something out?   maybe the black protesters would be very fine people also if they all had AR-15's?  apparently the guns are what make you a very fine mob.

 

EZMKxSfUcAEuTpQ?format=png&name=small

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment

Twitter appears to be... actually enforcing it's terms of service on Trump. You have to opt-in to see his tweet now because it glorifies violence. But you can still choose to see it.

 

He's losing his mind about it this morning. 

 

This is a stark contrast to Facebook, who wants to cosplay as First Amendment guardian but really just wants to keep making money and letting all garbage fly.

 

You wonder where this goes now that it's set in motion. Feels like a game of chicken now...

 

 

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

It's pretty surreal to see something that I'm going to be using in my history classes for the next few years: 

 

 

Why do cops in these situations frequently appear to be clueless robots?  Is there anyone in uniform with a brain there?  They look like a bunch of brainwashed stormtroopers. Look at all of them staring at the camera crew like they're just waiting to pounce.  Good God. No wonder many don't trust the police.

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, QMany said:

I imagine some of it has to do with not being heard through the alternatives.

 

 

People should think of this every time they see protests like this. I like to think I would never be one of the people that would vandalize or burn down a building, but I don't have to fear for my life just going about my business because I have a certain skin color, then watch as there never seems to be justice. We've seen what happens with peaceful protests. People just become bigger a$$h@!es when anyone merely says there's a problem. If you can't understand why people might lash out and do irrational things you need to work on empathy.

  • Plus1 4
Link to comment

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Twitter appears to be... actually enforcing it's terms of service on Trump. You have to opt-in to see his tweet now because it glorifies violence. But you can still choose to see it.

 

He's losing his mind about it this morning. 

 

This is a stark contrast to Facebook, who wants to cosplay as First Amendment guardian but really just wants to keep making money and letting all garbage fly.

 

You wonder where this goes now that it's set in motion. Feels like a game of chicken now...

 

 

 

 

Good. They can legally close his account if they want to. If the manages to get this bulls#!t EO passed then democracy is over for this country.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

It's pretty surreal to see something that I'm going to be using in my history classes for the next few years: 

 

 

 

IMO, CNN and Mr Jimenez accomplished their goal...get arrested on camera. Some pretty clever editing there, because there is no footage of what that group of Troopers did before, or what they told the camera crew and the rest of the bystanders. 

 

The right of free press is not universal... if you disobey a lawful order to relocate, move, evacuate the premises, you can and should still be charged/arrested.

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

 

IMO, CNN and Mr Jimenez accomplished their goal...get arrested on camera. Some pretty clever editing there, because there is no footage of what that group of Troopers did before, or what they told the camera crew and the rest of the bystanders. 

 

The right of free press is not universal... if you disobey a lawful order to relocate, move, evacuate the premises, you can and should still be charged/arrested.

 

giphy.gif

 

There was no editing: this was taken from a live broadcast. He asked multiple times where he should be at, or where he could move to, with no response from the officers. Also, he was released an hour later with an apology from the governor. 

 

 

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

 

IMO, CNN and Mr Jimenez accomplished their goal...get arrested on camera. Some pretty clever editing there, because there is no footage of what that group of Troopers did before, or what they told the camera crew and the rest of the bystanders. 

 

The right of free press is not universal... if you disobey a lawful order to relocate, move, evacuate the premises, you can and should still be charged/arrested.

maybe i am missing something..but he asked where they wanted them to move to and the police said nothing.    he asked a few times but was not informed on where to move to.

 

edit to add...cdog types faster then i do.   lol.

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

 

giphy.gif

 

There was no editing: this was taken from a live broadcast. He asked multiple times where he should be at, or where he could move to, with no response from the officers. Also, he was released an hour later with an apology from the governor. 

 

Of course there is editing...the playback starts with the Troopers already there and the other protesters 100 yards away...

 

What were the initial directives from law enforcement? 

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...