Police Reform

I remember when a U.S. military general realized he'd been tricked into doing a photo op with Trump, iirc it was after Trump had a group of protestors cleared off the streets so he could stand in front of a church with a Bible and supporters, implying the general was one of them. The general quickly held a press conference explaining why it shouldn't have happened. 

I may be going out on a limb here, but I do believe the military has a stronger code of honor than the average police force. 

• Plus1 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, commando said:

FWIW....that ride was not doomed by negligence.   it was a tanker catching fire under it and melting the steel that caused that collapse.

Jet fuel doesn't melt steel...or something conspiracy related.

4 hours ago, commando said:

FWIW....that bridge was not doomed by negligence.   it was a tanker catching fire under it and melting the steel that caused that collapse.

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

A tanker fire on or under an overpass doesn't care how much money you invested into infrastructure. This isn't necessarily cause and effect.

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Kinda silly to use a bridge collapse due to a fire from a wrecked tanker to talk about bridge neglect from an alleged funding change.   

Note that the $4.2 billion was removed from bridge repairs, which the burned bridge is clearly going to need. I'm not asserting cause and effect for the bridge being damaged.

Edit to add: I agree the tweets are not the best, probably should have just found the article: 

$4.2 billion diverted from PennDOT road and bridge repairs to fund state police, new audit reveals

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What he’s saying isn’t wrong but it always just amounts to bluster and it doesn’t get fixed.   Hopefully Congress does something this time to rein it in.   

The piece of s#!t should have been defeated and thrown in the trash heap of history in the last election. 

• Plus1 2