The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tim Scott is out of the race.  Down to 4 + the cult leader.   I suspect Christi will be gone after NH.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/tim-scott-drops-out-of-gop-primary-race-ending-a-campaign-dogged-by-low-numbers-and-the-question-of-if-his-girlfriend-was-real/ar-AA1jORtM?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=f7bbd2e0b4eb415c8591a684da7f07d9&ei=26

Tim Scott, a GOP senator from South Carolina, dropped out of the 2024 presidential race, ending his plans to become the first African-American to secure the Republican nomination.

"I love America more today than I did on 22 May," Scott told Fox News Channel's Sunday Night in America with Trey Gowdy, citing the date he launched his candidacy.

"But when I go back to Iowa, it will not be as a presidential candidate. I am suspending my campaign. I think the voters who are the most remarkable people on the planet have been really clear that they're telling me, 'Not now, Tim'."

NBC News reported that Scott's decision to end his campaign came as a surprise to his staffers, who only found out after watching his interview on TV.

Scott entered the race with a message of hope and optimism, and attracted big-money donors early on.

But his campaign lagged behind that of his Republican rivals, and all of the GOP's 2024 candidates have struggled to overcome Donald Trump's polling lead.

Speculation about Scott's marital status at times overshadowed his campaign. He repeatedly refused to reveal his girlfriend's identity, leading some to question whether he had a girlfriend at all.

Scott said some rivals wanted to draw attention to his marital status to "sow seeds of doubt" about his campaign, according to The Washington Post.

RFKjr - does he hurt Biden or Trump - yes to both according to this article. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4304622-the-d-c-establishment-thinks-rfk-could-win-and-theyre-in-a-panic/

But one development that sent shock waves through the entire class of paid political consultants inside the Beltway went almost unmentioned publicly. A topic of constant discussion and not a little bit of anxiety on both sides was the extraordinarily strong showing of third-party candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in two recent national polls. Both of the polls showed Kennedy leading both President Biden and former President Trump among the key electoral demographics of independent voters and voters under 45 years of age.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election