The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...

Legal issues aside,  it appears Trump is ready to get into the 2024 Presidential race based on the is interview with Hannity.

Expect 4 years of ceaseless campaigning and stirring up fear in the GOP Congress of being 'primary-ed' by pro-Trump candidates in 2022.  The GOP will sink even more into the image of the man whose source of fame is the object of indictments today.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/donald-trump-tells-hannity-hes-come-to-decision-if-hes-running-2024-061611050.html

"Let's talk about your future plans," Hannity told Trump, before turning to the crowd at the town hall to ask the audience, "Would you like to see the president run again in 2024?"

Trump spent the day Wednesday discussing the U.S.-Mexico border wall with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, who has vowed to use state resources, a $250 million down payment to be exact, to continue work on Trump's border wall, which has been halted by President Joe Biden.

And while Trump has not publicly revealed whether or not he plans to run for president in 2024, on Wednesday, when Hannity asked Trump the question, it sounded like the former president had made progress in his decision.

"You are not going to answer, but I have to ask, where are you in the process of," said Hannity. He continued, "Let me ask you this, without giving the answer, what the answer is, have you made up your mind?"

"Yes," responded Trump firmly. Hannity then happily stated, "I think you got it right, yeah."

Hannity later stated, "If you move forward, you know how difficult it is, but you seem ready to re-engage in that battle."

"It's not that I want to," Trump pointed out. "The country needs it. We have to take care of this country. I don't want to, is this fun? Fighting constantly? Fighting always? I mean, the country, what we have done is so important."

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Legal issues aside,  it appears Trump is ready to get into the 2024 Presidential race based on the is interview with Hannity.

Expect 4 years of ceaseless campaigning and stirring up fear in the GOP Congress of being 'primary-ed' by pro-Trump candidates in 2022.  The GOP will sink even more into the image of the man whose source of fame is the object of indictments today.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/donald-trump-tells-hannity-hes-come-to-decision-if-hes-running-2024-061611050.html

Electorally speaking, I would expect another extremely close race. It's fairly probable that Democrats would face an even larger electoral college GOP advantage. That is, they may have to win the popular vote by 5% or more in order to garner an electoral college victory, a margin which may not be possible. 

On the other hand, Trump is one of the most disliked political figures in the world. The only people who will vote for him are those caught up in his cult of personality and are mostly crazy. If you're a Trump supporter reading this, yes, it means you. 

If I were a betting man, I'd venture to guess Trump wins. Winning the popular vote by 5% is simply not possible in a hyper polarized environment. So Trump has a good chance, not because he's a good candidate but because the systemic advantages are to much to compete with. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Electorally speaking, I would expect another extremely close race. It's fairly probable that Democrats would face an even larger electoral college GOP advantage. That is, they may have to win the popular vote by 5% or more in order to garner an electoral college victory, a margin which may not be possible. 

On the other hand, Trump is one of the most disliked political figures in the world. The only people who will vote for him are those caught up in his cult of personality and are mostly crazy. If you're a Trump supporter reading this, yes, it means you. 

If I were a betting man, I'd venture to guess Trump wins. Winning the popular vote by 5% is simply not possible in a hyper polarized environment. So Trump has a good chance, not because he's a good candidate but because the systemic advantages are to much to compete with. 

One has to also consider the state of both parties. 

If Trump runs, he may have DeSantis only who will be a challenge to  him.  Pence will probably run but will be casted as the Benedict Arnold candidate by both Trump and his vocal supporters. He couldn't run against Trump's record that is for sure. So he has nothing new to offer.  Maybe Maryland Gov Hogan runs as the anti-trump candidate (hopefully- he does runs).  I'm sure there will be others, but Trump will take all of the air out of the room

The Dems on the other hand :   I expect a free for all once again.  I really don't think Biden runs again and if he does, the Dems should encourage him not to.  VP Harris won't have a lock on the nomination.  There have been news reports about dissatisfaction within the VP wing of the White House.  I would expect some of the same people who ran in 2020 would jump back into it again. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

And then watch how many other Republicans announce that they aren't running.  I'm pretty sure several that are thinking about it have announced they won't run if Trump runs.

Pretty pathetic.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The mental gymnastics it takes to vote for a guy with this kind of legal trouble... 

You're referring to people, conservatives, who have a fundamental distrust of reality.

The majority of Republicans believe Jan. 6th was the fault of Biden and the Democrats. 

Stuff like getting arrested only enhances their brand. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

And then watch how many other Republicans announce that they aren't running.  I'm pretty sure several that are thinking about it have announced they won't run if Trump runs.

Pretty pathetic.

Pathetic indeed.   Stress brings out the real person.  Many of the people I would have considered if Trump had never jumped into politics have now been disqualified in my eyes because 1) They gave into the corrupting influences of Trump or 2) are too cowardly to challenge Trump and his supporters to a real race and debate.

Thus, in hindsight, I'm glad I did not have to vote for one of these as they would have failed in the real pressure of being in the WH. 

Right now Gov Hogan may be the only one on my radar.  I'm wishing but not too hopeful that other non-cultist & candidates of courage will step up to the plate and challenge Trump and stand up to his bull$h and call his movement for what it is - anti-democratic nationalism leaning towards fascism.  

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

@Archy1221 Genuinely curious, if GOP Primary were today, and Trump - DeSantis are your only two options, who you picking?

Other R's on the board feel free to chime in. 

I already said probably 8-10 times in the past couple months that DeSantis is my pick if he runs 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

@Archy1221 Genuinely curious, if GOP Primary were today, and Trump - DeSantis are your only two options, who you picking?

Other R's on the board feel free to chime in. 

No way would I vote for Trump.  So it would have to be DeSantis in a 2 person race.  I am still hoping for a white knight to rescue the GOP out of its current craziness.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election