Biden's America

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Did you have 0 property taxes for that first year on the new build?

They were based on the lot, but it was only like 90 bucks a month that first year. Good times.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

As someone looking to buy a house for a growing family, it sucks a$$. We refinanced on our current place and we'd love to stay here, but it's too small. Housing prices are stupid, but if we were around even 4% or 5% for interest rates it wouldn't hurt so bad.

Rates will probably stay high for another 18 months. I can see rates dropping back into the 5% range in like 2025 or 2026, sooner if there's a recession. 

Keep in mind that any decrease in interest rates will be offset by the increase in overall housing costs.  Depending on where you live of course. If you live in any city with over 100k people, chances are prices are going to resume going up for the foreseeable future.

47 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

They were based on the lot, but it was only like 90 bucks a month that first year. Good times.

Rates will probably stay high for another 18 months. I can see rates dropping back into the 5% range in like 2025 or 2026, sooner if there's a recession. 

Keep in mind that any decrease in interest rates will be offset by the increase in overall housing costs.  Depending on where you live of course. If you live in any city with over 100k people, chances are prices are going to resume going up for the foreseeable future.

Housing has started to drop by 15 to 20k around me, but when you're over priced by 100k already it doesn't feel like much. And those houses are ones that need about 50% updating. You may have a modern kitchen and living room, but the 2nd floor and bedroom are early 2000s or 1990s finishes. I've seen houses in the mid 400s that had washer, dryer, and dish washers from the 1980s!

8 hours ago, funhusker said:

Is there a direct correlation between the two though?

I can actually understand how a bunch of small govt folks would vote against the idea of making it harder on voters to have a say in important issues.

MAGA was pushing this bill hard.    maybe it is just the anti MAGA crowd showing up in force.

• TBH 1

12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

image.gif.22639dff52dee941a9a7f36a5108519f.gif

OK, I dug into this a little through your link.  So....the congressional committee released a memo describing what they think happened.  The tweet makes it sound like they released the actual bank records showing what they claim.  Did they do that?  Or, is this just another thing they say they have....but never really show it....then a month from now they back track saying they don't really have that?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Inflation reduction act.

"I wish I hadn’t called it that. It has less to do with inflation than it does providing alternatives to economic growth," Biden said during an appearance at a campaign fundraiser in Pary City, Utah.

No kidding Joe. We already knew that. Reminds me of the politicians in CO always trying to deceive voters into getting rid of the Tabor ammendment.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1