Biden's America

29 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

This is good. https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2023/11/01/president-biden-announces-over-5-billion-support-rural-communities#:~:text=During the visit%2C President Biden,development%2C competition%2C and sustainability.

It is also about 5% of what we've sent to Ukraine. https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-aid-has-us-sent-ukraine-here-are-six-charts

Perhaps more money spent here at home, for worthwhile projects like this, would help the rural economies and pride.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

It means we have a President who actually utters the words rural America let a lone tries to help them in some way me thinks.

Easy buddy... I was looking or actual substance instead of catch phrases. Looks like some people above provided answers.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Your posting is.  

Sorry about my lengthy, fair, and well-sourced posts in this thread. I know it's hard to read through them when you've already crafted a non-sequitur retort.

If you have a question about any specific claim or observation I've made or shared — beyond the sentence fragments you latch onto —  I'm happy to walk you through it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

We send Ukraine mothballed weapons valued at a certain amount, it's a poor argument. 

Secondly, rural America is already spent on heavily and is already subsidized by tax payers. This idea that rural America is in decline because of under investment isn't true. They already get many times the "money sent to Ukraine" every year.  But because it's been happening for decades is seen as normal. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

We send Ukraine mothballed weapons valued at a certain amount, it's a poor argument. 

Secondly, rural America is already spent on heavily and is already subsidized by tax payers. This idea that rural America is in decline because of under investment isn't true. They already get many times the "money sent to Ukraine" every year.  But because it's been happening for decades is seen as normal. 

Well...aren't you a ray of sunshine chuckleshuffle

j/k

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

farm subsidies are real.   

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1