Biden's America

24 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Biden being inclusive somehow alienated Christians. I think your blaming the wrong people here.

Is it inclusive if you really think about it?  It’s celebrating one single group of people.   It’s excluding everyone else for celebratory greetings.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Who cares whether it was chosen as a direct affront?  It is on Easter,  is it not. 

The tweet you shared called it disgraceful, rather than just pointing out a coincidence. You felt it was worth sharing. So I would imagine you cared, at least to start.

Either a deliberate or tone deaf move by the White House knowing how this would go, but the biggest offenders here are all the hacks and grifters and commentators using this as ragebait. A hunch tells me the authors of these linked tweets will be sharing Biden's Easter remarks tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

The tweet you shared called it disgraceful, rather than just pointing out a coincidence. You felt it was worth sharing. So I would imagine you cared, at least to start.

Either a deliberate or tone deaf move by the White House knowing how this would go, but the biggest offenders here are all the hacks and grifters and commentators using this as ragebait. A hunch tells me the authors of these linked tweets will be sharing Biden's Easter remarks tomorrow.

If we are getting rid of anything special days can we get rid of Fathers Day...where Dads end up doing more work/s#!t.

• TBH 2
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If we are getting rid of anything special days can we get rid of Fathers Day...where Dads end up doing more work/s#!t.

No kidding!  My wife thinks I’m an a$$ because all I want for Fathers Day is just to be left alone….

• Oh Yeah! 2
Just now, funhusker said:

No kidding!  My wife thinks I’m an a$$ because all I want for Fathers Day is just to be left alone….

Ha!  Right???

"Oh, what did you say, a trip to the zoo with the kids, in 100 degree (global warming) heat, followed up by ice cream all the way back in Elkhorn at at Dairy Chef...and then the local pool...and...then you bought steaks for ME to grill out oh and you want to get that yard work done?"  

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Biden being inclusive somehow alienated Christians. I think your blaming the wrong people here.

I’m not blaming anyone, nor am I defending so called Christians who would take offense at a message of tolerance and inclusion. It’s just at this point I’m more concerned with the effect of the message on the election and I don’t see it gaining anything for Biden and it potentially helps push some the other way.

Yeah, I know in normal times this is not something to take any issue with. But times aren’t normal and I’d rather they were a little more cognizant of how these types of things may impact certain voters. I wouldn’t guess there are too many who could go either way and this is an issue that has a pretty well defined battle line. I just see it as one that gains them nothing but possibly alienates a few more.  I don’t want to placate idiots or haters but I will if it helps keep orange man away. I could be wrong…it’s happened once or twice before :B)

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha!  Right???

"Oh, what did you say, a trip to the zoo with the kids, in 100 degree (global warming) heat, followed up by ice cream all the way back in Elkhorn at at Dairy Chef...and then the local pool...and...then you bought steaks for ME to grill out oh and you want to get that yard work done?"  

This is blasphemy, but Dairy Chef is not worth waiting in line for 45 freaking minutes!  The food sucks.

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is blasphemy, but Dairy Chef is not worth waiting in line for 45 freaking minutes!  The food sucks.

I mean, the ice cream is good and the portions are unreal but the wait...my god...the wait.

And the way they bring out the ice cream at different times!  So Timmy gets his and 10 minutes later Lauren gets hers!

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, the ice cream is good and the portions are unreal but the wait...my god...the wait.

And the way they bring out the ice cream at different times!  So Timmy gets his and 10 minutes later Lauren gets hers!

It’s dumb!  I’m only saying this out loud because this is an anonymous poster board.  I tell people at work I go about once a month.

if the place was open year round, it would go out of business.  People only like it (put up with it) because it’s only open for like 5 months.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

It’s dumb!  I’m only saying this out loud because this is an anonymous poster board.  I tell people at work I go about once a month.

if the place was open year round, it would go out of business.  People only like it (put up with it) because it’s only open for like 5 months.

This is 100% true!

It is like this weird cult-supported business but for no reason!

If it was at 168 and maple instead of 204th and maple...it would be bankrupt!

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Is it inclusive if you really think about it?  It’s celebrating one single group of people.   It’s excluding everyone else for celebratory greetings.  

:facepalm:

This is a ridiculous post even for you.

52 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m not blaming anyone, nor am I defending so called Christians who would take offense at a message of tolerance and inclusion. It’s just at this point I’m more concerned with the effect of the message on the election and I don’t see it gaining anything for Biden and it potentially helps push some the other way.

Yeah, I know in normal times this is not something to take any issue with. But times aren’t normal and I’d rather they were a little more cognizant of how these types of things may impact certain voters. I wouldn’t guess there are too many who could go either way and this is an issue that has a pretty well defined battle line. I just see it as one that gains them nothing but possibly alienates a few more.  I don’t want to placate idiots or haters but I will if it helps keep orange man away. I could be wrong…it’s happened once or twice before :B)

I suppose if you're only focused on the election to exclusion of all else, then sure. But there's more to life. Don't sweat the morons and don't worry about non-issues like this - it's not going to affect anyone's vote IMO.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
  • Worth a Look 1
11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

:facepalm:

This is a ridiculous post even for you.

I suppose if you're only focused on the election to exclusion of all else, then sure. But there's more to life. Don't sweat the morons and don't worry about non-issues like this - it's not going to affect anyone's vote IMO.

This is rude and you know it.  At least be funny with it.

• TBH 2