Biden's America

14 hours ago, knapplc said:

I've read the past few pages and I have no idea why people who identify as Christian would have a problem with this.

The Jesus you claim to follow would be the first person inviting the people you hate to Easter dinner.

Y'all need to read Matthew 7:21-23 again. If you truly believe Jesus is God, he's speaking about you.

Happy Easter.

I am a failed Catholic, lapsed Lutheran, sometimes Evangelical agnostic.

Not sure if you were referring to me but wanted to set the stage.

And Happy Easter.

• Plus1 1

But Biden did a proclamation of inclusion for people MAGA deems to be sinful on a date they've been using for years and it just so happens the tomato seed date of Easter, a holiday which is supposed to celebrate redemption and grace, landed on the same date this year by coincidence.   

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Very well written. It is too bad that there are no other days to recognize the struggles of trans folks...

I feel marginalized and excluded. I didn’t see any heterosexual or cisgender days on that laundry list of special days.

And here’s some:Fire:

As long as we regularly highlight our differences, we will struggle to have true equality. There are special days and awards for everything except for the predominant majority demographics. Is it really amazing that people in the predominant majority groups are sort of fed up? I realize some minority groups have been marginalized but I’m not convinced constantly pointing out every difference is the best way for everyone to be truly treated as equals.

• Haha 3
  • TBH 2
7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I feel marginalized and excluded. I didn’t see any heterosexual or cisgender days on that laundry list of special days.

As long as we regularly highlight our differences, we will struggle to have true equality. There are special days and awards for everything except for the predominant majority demographics. Is it really amazing that people in the predominant majority groups are sort of fed up? I realize some minority groups have been marginalized but I’m not convinced constantly pointing out every difference is the best way for everyone to be truly treated as equals.

Pretty much what the dude on the View said the other day and those ladies tried to ruin him.

Whoopie actually wasn't so bad to him. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

27 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe when you have churches, governments, and citizens actively railing against being a cis gender male we can have a day of recognition.

In a perfect world, sure we would celebrate everyone equally and live happily ever after, but that's not where we live...

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Maybe when you have churches, governments, and citizens actively railing against being a cis gender male we can have a day of recognition.

In a perfect world, sure I'm we would celebrate everyone equally and live happily ever after, but that's not where we live...

I don’t want a day of recognition. I just want everyone to pull their head out of their a$$ and realize we are all equal and deserve to be treated with respect. Amazing that it is spelled out so clearly in the Constitution yet it is a daily chore continuing to detail who all that entails.

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Pretty much what the dude on the View said the other day and those ladies tried to ruin him.

Whoopie actually wasn't so bad to him. 

Wait. How do you have the time to watch the View? IMO those shows are even worse than reality TV. It’s all a farce. Created conflicts to sell commercial time.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
35 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Wait. How do you have the time to watch the View? IMO those shows are even worse than reality TV. It’s all a farce. Created conflicts to sell commercial time.

Ha It was on a clip that was posted here!

• Plus1 1

36 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t want a day of recognition. I just want everyone to pull their head out of their a$$ and realize we are all equal and deserve to be treated with respect. Amazing that it is spelled out so clearly in the Constitution yet it is a daily chore continuing to detail who all that entails.

Agree 100%

It’s why I have zero problems with Biden, or any POTUS, declaring a day to recognize people’s contributions who have been seen as “unequal” by many people in our society .  

Isn’t it crazy that the folks who started this social media uproar are also generally the same people that claim transsexuals are abominations and that they often deserve ridicule?

Spend time with your family and thank your lucky stars that they are welcomed enough walking down the street that normal folks don’t feel the need to point out their importance to haters.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Right... Which is why they made this proclamation.

• Haha 2

For most of my life I never understood why Easter floated around so much. Not only different weeks, but sometimes different months. Then I found out from one of my kid's picture books. Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox. Turns out it has much more to do with existing pagan rituals than it does Christianity. 

In other news, we just hid Easter eggs for our 20 year old son home for Spring Break. They are plastic and filled with money. Felt good. I like Easter. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1