Biden's America

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

How is it not to help people?

I literally said there are two parts

Part I:  Is to reduce and help, those are the doctors and "health" care workers that help out

Part II:  Is the local government uses these places to help contain where the addicts are at.  If you think this is just to help people, you are smoking something.

• Haha 1

Just now, funhusker said:

That would turn everyone into pot heads!

It's a gateway drug. You give the kids free access to the Devil's Lettuce and they'll be shooting up heroin in our homes! It's inevitable! Everyone who has ever smoked weed has immediately turned into a hardcore drug user. It's science!

- Republicans

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's a gateway drug. You give the kids free access to the Devil's Lettuce and they'll be shooting up heroin in our homes! It's inevitable! Everyone who has ever smoked weed has immediately turned into a hardcore drug user. It's science!

- Republicans

Good news is that when that happens the gubments gonna give us all free weed! ....and crack pipes!!!!

• Plus1 1

It's funny. There are (supposedly) a lot of current and wayward Republicans who want to reclaim the party for more sane conservative causes and candidates. When they want to agree on something, they typically point to Ronald Reagan. So does The Lincoln Project. So does Barack Obama. It's a measure of how far right the country has shifted.

But if you believe in facts, it's hard to escape reams of metrics from the past 40 years. From how supply side economics rewarded the ultra wealthy and placed the burden on the middle class, to a disingenuous War on Drugs that filled the prisons and created cascading problems, to the dismantling of social safety nets that fueled a s#!tload of unintended consequences, many core conservative values celebrated in the Reagan administration have been proven abject failures. Plenty of Democrats went along for the ride, including Clinton and Biden. 

We're supposed to learn from mistakes, but instead we're doubling down. Ronald Reagan was the problem, not an ideal we need to return to. 

• Plus1 4

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Yes. I thought he had a better energy policy, which I deemed (and still do) very important, and he was an experienced statesman who wasn't afraid to put country over partry. Palin was gross, but VPs don't really have that much political power anyway.

Thanks for the answer.  Romney over Obama for the same reasons I assume? 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Thanks for the answer.  Romney over Obama for the same reasons I assume? 

No. Romney over Trump. I'm not a fan of Mitt, but he's at least a sane person. 

I would take Obama back in a heart beat. I disagree with his foreign policy when it came to drone strikes, even killing OBL in Pakistan was pretty sketchy. I also wasn't a fan of his economic advisors being Goldman Sachs people and the like. Additionally him generally not tackling immigration was a let down. That said I think he was steering us in a good direction economically, socially, and policy wise with many of the shortcomings being the do nothing tactics of the GOP.

• Plus1 6
2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

No. Romney over Trump. I'm not a fan of Mitt, but he's at least a sane person. 

I would take Obama back in a heart beat. I disagree with his foreign policy when it came to drone strikes, even killing OBL in Pakistan was pretty sketchy. I also wasn't a fan of his economic advisors being Goldman Sachs people and the like. Additionally him generally not tackling immigration was a let down. That said I think he was steering us in a good direction economically, socially, and policy wise with many of the shortcomings being the do nothing tactics of the GOP.

Energy policy?  The economy and border wall is why Trump won.  Hillary even campaigned on fixing a slow economy 

• Plus1 1