Biden's America

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha!

Do you really?  Now that I think about it, I wasn't even getting it when I worked there!

Funny story though:  when I first started in my district it was only 1/2-time so I worked the afternoons in the district maintenance office to make up the difference.  One of my 'jobs" was to deliver the district newsletter to all the schools.  Each school got a newsletter for every student and staff.

Every building, except for 2-3 that I can think of, the secretaries just had me stack them by the recycling bins in the workroom so they wouldn't  have to carry them far. :lol: 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think typically, the new president felt comfortable if the ex president knew what was going on so if needed, they can consult with them. 

I don’t ever see Biden calling trump up for advice.  

Yeah, I can sort of see that being the reason.  

And I also don't see Joe calling Don...maybe to prank him but that is about it.

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Funny story though:  when I first started in my district it was only 1/2-time so I worked the afternoons in the district maintenance office to make up the difference.  One of my 'jobs" was to deliver the district newsletter to all the schools.  Each school got a newsletter for every student and staff.

Every building, except for 2-3 that I can think of, the secretaries just had me stack them by the recycling bins in the workroom so they wouldn't  have to carry them far. :lol: 

Hahaha!

YES!  Now that sounds about right!

And being the delivery guy had to be sweet...I bet you didn't mind taking your sweet time!

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Maybe because the staff parties and get-togethers were announced there? :dunno

True story...one building I was in had a pretty tight group of teachers that loved to hit up Tanners or Loose Moose or some other bars on Fridays after school.

So one lady would fire out an email to like 10-20 of us, the ones that would usually go, she would do this on Wednesday and remind us again on Friday.

The principal found out (she was horrible) and had a "talk" with the email lady about how she had to include everyone on the email about drinks after school.  So stupid.

8 hours ago, admo said:

So apparently Biden's Senior administration requested MLB Baseball to delay the season a month.   Major League Baseball Players Association opted out of a call with senior Biden administration officials

"Administration officials reportedly told MLB they were confident in their ability to vaccinate players in time for the delayed season due to the expected introduction of the new Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which is expected to be filed for FDA approval within a week."

JWDMHGX6ORBIPBQD4VZKN7ABQY.jpg

(MLB, NFL, NCAA, NBA, NHL) have been playing in 2020 and into 2021.  We all know the priority for the shots are people in the medical/health field and the elderly.  So why would MLB millionaires get access and priority over American's already pre-qualified by CDC?

Why shut it down, Joe?  Call it a "delay" I guess.

If this is true, this is disgusting by the Administration.  Major League athletes should be last in line just before minors based on their health profile.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

If this is true, this is disgusting by the Administration.  Major League athletes should be last in line just before minors based on their health profile.  

Man, you gotta tone down the faux outrage. "Disgusting by the administration" :lol:

Pro and college sports participants are a drop in the bucket of who all needs to get vaccinated. There is absolutely no reason some of these groups, just like frontline and essential workers, can't also be prioritized. This isn't what is keeping grandpa and grandma from getting the shot. And, imo, providing the masses with the panacea of sports, in the midst of a pandemic where many activities are limited, is a good thing. I'd rather watch an NHL game than coverage of more street rioting or open insurrection. People be getting antsy.

• Plus1 6
37 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Man, you gotta tone down the faux outrage. "Disgusting by the administration" :lol:

Pro and college sports participants are a drop in the bucket of who all needs to get vaccinated. There is absolutely no reason some of these groups, just like frontline and essential workers, can't also be prioritized. This isn't what is keeping grandpa and grandma from getting the shot. And, imo, providing the masses with the panacea of sports, in the midst of a pandemic where many activities are limited, is a good thing. I'd rather watch an NHL game than coverage of more street rioting or open insurrection. People be getting antsy.

We are currently watching those sports anyways:dunno.  
And no, they shouldn’t jump the line.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I've got a hefty mortgage, I wonder if Biden and Co. are interested.

Probably not.  Productive members of society aren’t their thing.  You don’t fit the description of voters to pander to.  Whiny a$$h@!es with useless college degrees and lots of private college debt are in their wheelhouse. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Lets let it play out first.  MLB was going to play anyway.  Why not get them vaccinated first?  Longer, less interrupted season perhaps.  As pointed out earlier, people need things in life like baseball.  Can help us all come together again.  I can't imagine Biden would allow pro athletes to get priority over at-risk individuals in any case.  The administration probably feels confident the supply will be good.  IF these last two sentences turn out to be false, then we can get p!ssed.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Probably not.  Productive members of society aren’t their thing.  You don’t fit the description of voters to pander to.  Whiny a$$h@!es with useless college degrees and lots of private college debt are in their wheelhouse. 

I think their goal is reduce a burden in order to to produce more "productive members of society".  The title of the article is misleading (big surprise, huh?) as it wouldn't "wipe out" student debt, but forgive up to 50K/borrower.  I think it's a lofty goal with also canceling out income taxes on the forgiven loan and I don't think Biden will go that far, but they may try to meet somewhere in the middle.  I can see how people view this as unfair to those who have already paid their student debt themselves or have other debts they may be struggling to pay off (mortgage, etc.).  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

We are currently watching those sports anyways:dunno.  
And no, they shouldn’t jump the line.  

Actually we're not watching them anyway. My Avs team (along with many others from various sports) are regularly being postponed and cancelled. When you can show that vaccinating professional sports will delay more worthy recipients getting the vaccine, come back and show me.

Also, I think it's laughable that this "disgusts" yet you have never once stated anything that Trump did disgusted you. I think that explains about all we need to know about exactly what things disgust you.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I think their goal is reduce a burden in order to to produce more "productive members of society".  The title of the article is misleading (big surprise, huh?) as it wouldn't "wipe out" student debt, but forgive up to 50K/borrower.  I think it's a lofty goal with also canceling out income taxes on the forgiven loan and I don't think Biden will go that far, but they may try to meet somewhere in the middle.  I can see how people view this as unfair to those who have already paid their student debt themselves or have other debts they may be struggling to pay off (mortgage, etc.).  

Or people could just repay loans that THEY decided to take out to pay for degrees THEY decided were necessary.

• Thanks 1