Ronald Delancy Enters Transfer Portal

seaofred92

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

You are correct. He either needs to help them adapt to culture or recruit better

HANC, I am sure you as a coach have been there.  I had one year where I had two really good players and I let them slide, let them sit out of practice when they were "hurt" and s#!t like that...I did that because in the games they gave me the best chance to win. 

Well, not only did we have a s#!t season, they were supper annoying too.  I do think I was doing the right thing but it sure didn't work.

There have been "culture" issues each year under HC Fraud.  In every prior, I remained patient and gave supreme benefit of the doubt.  Deep into year three, I conclude this is no longer a player issue.  This is solely an ego issue from HC Fraud.  He would rather play FCS level talent than give young players opportunities to develop.  He is the sole problem.  Can't be convinced otherwise at this point.

And honestly, if i was a young hot head told I won't see the field unless I do something, then I have to watch a guy play center continuously who can't do what he's asked, I would mouth off or misbehave b/c I would view the HC as a complete a**clown..

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Either way it's a Frost problem. If Frost is running off talented kids, that's problem. If Frost is bringing in talented kids that don't want to put in the work, and are bad teammates - guess what, that's a Frost problem too. Hard for me to give Frost a pass because he built a roster of apparently talented d******ds who don't want to work, so he has to play walk-ons who aren't good enough to win games in the B1G. 

this post gets it.  Deep into year three, it's simply a HC problem.  Don't care the reason.  The fact that this is constantly an issue is now your problem, HC Fraud.  You can't pass it off now.  The consistent evidence of player unrest in every season, recruiting period, and offseason is simply now a problem being caused by you.  B/c you either can't manage, develop, or recruit....or all three

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

The first alienation occurred when in his first year and into the second year, he repeatedly said he needs better players in the post game press conferences.  Pretty much telling the guys he trotted out there on Saturday to get him a win, they suck.  Those quotes should NEVER have been said.  You say they're young/new/learning not that he thinks he needs to recruit someone better. 

This started the rifts between some on the team and the staff.  Guess what that kid who was called out is friends with many others on the team, and they get talking and next thing you know the nonexistent "culture" you think is being instilled is blown up.  

This^.  And we are still feeling/seeing the effects. Listened to the Urbs video on "Looking under the hood".  Said he doesn't tolerate his staff saying the kids not good or negative comments about their play.  Says we  recruited them.  We put them on the field. We are responsible for their success or failure.....

Swing and a miss to date...

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Either way it's a Frost problem. If Frost is running off talented kids, that's problem. If Frost is bringing in talented kids that don't want to put in the work, and are bad teammates - guess what, that's a Frost problem too. Hard for me to give Frost a pass because he built a roster of apparently talented d******ds who don't want to work, so he has to play walk-ons who aren't good enough to win games in the B1G. 

Exactly.  You've recruited, so it's on you one way or another.  No matter how you look at it, we've had a lot of kids come and go in Frost's first few years and it's hard to establish your culture with so many guys coming and going.  It's all on him at this point he needs to own up to it.

This team is toxic and does not enjoy playing together...they don’t push each other to play hard and they do not hold each other accountable for the mistakes on the field. Any smart player can see that and that is why so many have bolted. It turns out that vedral was the better QB and he left. Spielman left and so many have transferred...fans blame these kids for bolting...I blame the coaches for not giving these players reasons to stay...this situation will not get any better until this team decides that they have had enough of being horrible.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

HANC, I am sure you as a coach have been there.  I had one year where I had two really good players and I let them slide, let them sit out of practice when they were "hurt" and s#!t like that...I did that because in the games they gave me the best chance to win. 

Well, not only did we have a s#!t season, they were supper annoying too.  I do think I was doing the right thing but it sure didn't work.

This year as matter of fact. Just had a meeting with a returning starting in post season meeting and his #1 issue was accountability.  I played kid who was iffy on commitment over a lesser player who was fully invested. Thought it gave us best chance to win, but ultimately cost us more. He called me on it and lesson learned. Maybe that is why I am reacting the way I am to the two that are now apparently leaving.

7 minutes ago, HANC said:

This year as matter of fact. Just had a meeting with a returning starting in post season meeting and his #1 issue was accountability.  I played kid who was iffy on commitment over a lesser player who was fully invested. Thought it gave us best chance to win, but ultimately cost us more. He called me on it and lesson learned. Maybe that is why I am reacting the way I am to the two that are now apparently leaving.

That sucks!

10 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

This team is toxic and does not enjoy playing together...they don’t push each other to play hard and they do not hold each other accountable for the mistakes on the field. Any smart player can see that and that is why so many have bolted. It turns out that vedral was the better QB and he left. Spielman left and so many have transferred...fans blame these kids for bolting...I blame the coaches for not giving these players reasons to stay...this situation will not get any better until this team decides that they have had enough of being horrible.

But look at all the fun videos of them screwing around and not actually practicing the social media team pushes out.  I think they like each other but the coaches are 95% at fault

5 minutes ago, HANC said:

I don't think it's the wrong thing to do. But at the rate it's happening, it begs the question, it it the kids or is it the staff? One or two talented kids here and there, completely justified sitting them and waving them bye when they're out the door. That being said, the list is really long under Frost, Frost has to be saying, did we have 40+ bad apples, or are we doing something wrong.

I think Frost struggles with self audit. He is supremely confident, which isnt a bad trait for a D1 head coach, but it makes me think he may be blind to something they are doing to drive these kids away. 

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Culture is culture. You can't wait to only develope it when you are winning. The hope and plan is that the right culture will help you win games. However, the inmates don't get to run the asylum at any point. You don't make exceptions to your culture to appease young guys with lots of stars behind their name. It doesn't work that way. Anybody that's not onboard with that... don't let the door hit ya in the a$$.

Exactly.

Husker fans: "You have to let the talent play!!!"

Also Husker fans: "How can Frost not have his culture installed by year three?"

• Plus1 8
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

Yea. That isn’t good. Sorry. 

Maybe that is why I am saying that may be why SF is playing lesser kids who are more invested than kids that may be loafing or skipping things. SF may understand that playing the fully invested may cost you in the short term, but will ultimately help you in the long run when the entire team understands they have to be 1000% invested.