What is the future of the Republican Party?

Historically, in my life, I've always felt that the GOP was "The Olde Guard," so to speak, even though I was not in their company issue for issue generally.  They had character, mostly.  I hate thinking about some of the things and people that chipped away at that (Nixon, Reagan, and now Trump), but the feeling remained until this Trump person came along and just wrecked the whole thing. 

The delight at what he says and does astounds me.  I don't get it, unless I compare it to those guys in grade school who delighted in jumping people after school or loudly making fun of "cripples" or those with speech issues etc.  He brought out tens of millions of them in our country to vote for him and take up lying slogans and strange misinformation about the most fundamental things;  they obey him.  They fight for him and any who repeat his lies. 

So, "the future of the Republican Party" is here, unless common sense can somehow offset and prevail.  I don't know how that can happen now.. I don't see a path forward for conservatives who are not Trumpies. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

1 hour ago, Hagg said:

Historically, in my life, I've always felt that the GOP was "The Olde Guard," so to speak, even though I was not in their company issue for issue generally.  They had character, mostly.  I hate thinking about some of the things and people that chipped away at that (Nixon, Reagan, and now Trump), but the feeling remained until this Trump person came along and just wrecked the whole thing. 

The delight at what he says and does astounds me.  I don't get it, unless I compare it to those guys in grade school who delighted in jumping people after school or loudly making fun of "cripples" or those with speech issues etc.  He brought out tens of millions of them in our country to vote for him and take up lying slogans and strange misinformation about the most fundamental things;  they obey him.  They fight for him and any who repeat his lies. 

So, "the future of the Republican Party" is here, unless common sense can somehow offset and prevail.  I don't know how that can happen now.. I don't see a path forward for conservatives who are not Trumpies. 

TRUTH

You have to hold back votes, but more importantly money.

• Plus1 1