What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

some of the replies :funnyhahah

It's funny cause yesterday I was wondering what Marjorie Taylor-Greene's background was before running for national office. i never knew her story.

Turns out her and her husband ran a contracting company her father sold them, but she didn't actually contribute to the day-to-day. So she quit and started running a Cross Fit gym. 

And there you have it.  

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

To be fair, Obama was obstructed by the GOP (because of his race) by McConnell and the GOP. It wouldn't have mattered if Obama had the cure for cancer and was going to distribute to all Americans, they would have voted no because it was something Obama wanted. 

And I do recall there being a handful of attempts to update the tax code so that the very wealthy pay their fair share, but no GOP member will vote to raise taxes because why bite the hand that feeds?

LOL….Obama had a super majority for awhile.   He could have literally passed anything the Dems wanted. 

• Thanks 2

On 5/23/2022 at 1:36 PM, ActualCornHusker said:

"If red states don't submit to government tyranny, we should tyrannize them harder!!!"

-Basically the entire ethos of the Democratic party

Not at all, I'm simply proposing we give Red States what they want in a way that allows Blue States to stop subsidizing their poor choices.

If you don't want government involvement, end farm subsidizes. If you want to deny climate change pay for your own natural disaster cleanup. If you want to end the ACA, let the citizens of those states pay for the extreme price increases. 

No tyranny, just truly give them what they want. Red states operate the way they do because Blue states subsidize them. Let's end that practice. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Not at all, I'm simply proposing we give Red States what they want in a way that allows Blue States to stop subsidizing their poor choices.

If you don't want government involvement, end farm subsidizes. If you want to deny climate change pay for your own natural disaster cleanup. If you want to end the ACA, let the citizens of those states pay for the extreme price increases. 

No tyranny, just truly give them what they want. Red states operate the way they do because Blue states subsidize them. Let's end that practice. 

Might as well pull the EPA out of the Red states too and let Merle's Co-op sell his secret "cures whatever ails y'all's corn" sauce and watch the crop failures, ground water contamination, and rise in blue babies.  And f#&% the Bald Eagle and Osprey. Who needs them thar pesky critters around anyways?  I just wear them on my wife beater to show I'm a true Merkan

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Might as well pull the EPA out of the Red states too and let Merle's Co-op sell his secret "cures whatever ails y'all's corn" sauce and watch the crop failures, ground water contamination, and rise in blue babies.  And f#&% the Bald Eagle and Osprey. Who needs them thar pesky critters around anyways?  I just wear them on my wife beater to show I'm a true Merkan

The sad thing here is...you actually believe this caricature is a true representation of all conservatives.

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

The sad thing here is...you actually believe this caricature is a true representation of all conservatives.

You know this how?  Do all conservatives want to burn down the federal government or you are conflating conservative with the anarchist, neo-libertarian posting in this thread?

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

LOL….Obama had a super majority for awhile.   He could have literally passed anything the Dems wanted. 

Yes - from September 24, 2009 until February 4, 2010. During which time Obamacare was passed.

The Democrats, foolishly, were still trying to work across the aisle on legislation during those four months. Probably they'd still be doing it now, even knowing what they know about McConnell and the Republicans of the last decade, because they're mostly morons.

The insinuation that Democrats should have had a raft of legislation ready to shove through congress and onto Obama's desk is pretty fanciful.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's funny cause yesterday I was wondering what Marjorie Taylor-Greene's background was before running for national office. i never knew her story.

Turns out her and her husband ran a contracting company her father sold them, but she didn't actually contribute to the day-to-day. So she quit and started running a Cross Fit gym. 

And there you have it.  

CrossFitters are pretty much the worst.

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Yep.  They are led to believe that they invented exercising and have the right to tell everyone about their workouts. 

How do you know someone is a crossfitter?

Wait.  They'll tell you.

• Haha 1