Media Bias

32 minutes ago, commando said:

Fake News Network defending Russia

Sometimes I wish I was dumb enough that I wouldn't ask "what in the actual fu*k?" everyday...

But if I get any dumber than I already am, I don't see how I'll make it through the day.  Holy s#!t some people need some sense slapped in to them!

• Oh Yeah! 1
49 minutes ago, commando said:

Fake News Network defending Russia

The way she says "fierce Ukrainian resistance" comes across that she doesn't think Ukraine should try and defend their country, and that Ukraine is causing too much damage to Russia.

I feel bad for the Russian citizens because they don't want to be drug into this war and the sanctions are going to be very damaging for them, but we shouldn't feel bad for Russia, in general.

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, commando said:

in case you haven't noticed....the truth is Russia is trying to cancel Ukraine.   

What were her spoken words directly before and after the cut off clip?   Why was it cut right at that point?   

was she making the point that Russia is being canceled and that’s a bad thing for us all to want to happen or is she making the point that Russia is being canceled and they deserve it which they do?   

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What were her spoken words directly before and after the cut off clip?   Why was it cut right at that point?   

was she making the point that Russia is being canceled and that’s a bad thing for us all to want to happen or is she making the point that Russia is being canceled and they deserve it which they do?   

go search for it if it is that important to you.    i know that the far right and  Fox rails against the cancel culture and they have guests on arguing that we should let putin take ukraine if he wants it.   and she is saying we are canceling russia rather than putin who is the real target of the "cancel culture"

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, commando said:

go search for it if it is that important to you.    i know that the far right and  Fox rails against the cancel culture and they have guests on arguing that we should let putin take ukraine if he wants it.   and she is saying we are canceling russia rather than putin who is the real target of the "cancel culture"

It should be important to you to know the difference context possibilities as you commented or posted on it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

I think Crowley is perhaps guilty of bone idleness more than anything else with that comment.

Referring to anything as being "canceled" in this day and age comes with several obvious connotations, which is why that anchor gave way to a small giggle when she said it. Probably better to just call a spade a spade in these situations and not make comments like that... which was a poor attempt at comedy or some other loosely correlative reason.

8 hours ago, Enhance said:

I think Crowley is perhaps guilty of bone idleness more than anything else with that comment.

Referring to anything as being "canceled" in this day and age comes with several obvious connotations, which is why that anchor gave way to a small giggle when she said it. Probably better to just call a spade a spade in these situations and not make comments like that... which was a poor attempt at comedy or some other loosely correlative reason.

Do you hear a different context at all though when the actual question is asked and her comments before and after are heard rather than the original cut off clip? 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Do you hear a different context at all though when the actual question is asked and her comments before and after are heard rather than the original cut off clip? 

I'll admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the more complete footage.  It was definitely more sane and understandable.

But I think when FoxNews, and others, rail against "cancel culture" and ridicule the thought of people pushing back in terms of boycotts in certain instances, it can be easy to see why so many would jump to the conclusion that folks at Fox were complaining about Russia being "canceled. " We've been conditioned, all of us.

edit: another reason why Twitter and social media just needs to go away.  I freakin' hate the world we live in. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Oh for sure. But I think it’s a stupid thing to say even with context for the aforementioned reasons, and @funhusker touched on it too. It’s obviously more wise to just not go there if she’s trying to make a sincere and honest point about something.

• Plus1 2