Media Bias

I wasn’t sure where to put this, but since we were talking about language used in reporting I put it here. Listen to the host talk about the freedom convoy in Canada. It’s not a protest. It’s an insurrection….

36 minutes ago, commando said:

i've read that those protesters are getting millions from donations and supporters.    there are approximately 2,000 of them is the number i've seen.    does that make them some very well paid crisis actors?

Did they go there thinking they'd get millions in donations? Are you talking about the money GoFundMe refused to pay?

6 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Did they go there thinking they'd get millions in donations? Are you talking about the money GoFundMe refused to pay?

gofundme raised over !0,000,000 and distributed 1,000,000.  much of the donations are anonymous.   i don't know where that money will end up but even 1.000.000 distributed among 2,000 isn't bad if it's going to any of them.  most likely it is going to the organizers who are profiting from  getting people to protest 

2 minutes ago, commando said:

gofundme raised over !0,000,000 and distributed 1,000,000.  much of the donations are anonymous.   i don't know where that money will end up but even 1.000.000 distributed among 2,000 isn't bad if it's going to any of them.  most likely it is going to the organizers who are profiting from  getting people to protest 

Probably so.

40 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Dumb move on CNN's part, but if I had to choose a side I'd lean on the side of calling things that aren't insurrections insurrections, than lean on the side of NOT calling things that ARE insurrections what they actually are.

Good thing your not a judge in our judicial system 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, teachercd said:

I know I know, you pay taxes...which is why you also get to pick out the cars the police purchase and you get to pick out the colors of the stop signs and you get to pick out the hoses that the fire department buys.

I'm talking about the curriculum not the desks or the lockers that the school buys.

24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Good thing your not a judge in our judicial system 

You're right about that.

Although if I was a judge I would work in the job based off of law, not based off of being a person so that wouldn't really apply, but if you mean I'd be bad at the job then absolutely.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Dumb move on CNN's part, but if I had to choose a side I'd lean on the side of calling things that aren't insurrections insurrections, than lean on the side of NOT calling things that ARE insurrections what they actually are.

Calling this an insurrection overuses and waters down the meaning of the word. 

• Plus1 2