Media Bias

2 hours ago, commando said:

gofundme raised over !0,000,000 and distributed 1,000,000.  much of the donations are anonymous.   i don't know where that money will end up but even 1.000.000 distributed among 2,000 isn't bad if it's going to any of them.  most likely it is going to the organizers who are profiting from  getting people to protest 

DAs are threatening to investigate where the money is going.

On 2/4/2022 at 8:31 PM, Archy1221 said:

According to non other than the former Democratic staffer turned weekday CNN news host Jake Tapper, you would not be correct with that assessment.   It’s been debunked as a statement taken out of context.

Trump's exact quote was ""Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides." We don't need to go into a history lesson of what kind of people were at that protest, on either side. At a minimum, Trump's statements were moronic and poorly thought out. And at worst, he made those comments on purpose because he didn't want to dunk on his supporters. Neither reason is commendable.

On 2/4/2022 at 8:34 PM, Archy1221 said:

Yes but we’ve been over this multiple times now.   No right minded individual thinks an exact college level course is being taught in k-12 school.  It is my understanding that aspects of CRT are being built into the overall curriculum in some school districts.   It was shown on this board that a VA school district had it in their District plans.  

So the above, and your response here, further illustrate my point.

Republican leaders have shown an inclination to downplay, ignore, or act ignorant in relation to white supremacist and white-based hate groups. But, they'll latch onto things like CRT, which itself and its "aspects" are mostly non-existent in K-12 education. DeSantis is no stranger to quickly getting in front of a camera to respond to something he deems relevant, but apparently, responding to a white hate group attack in his state is just a Democratic ploy to make him look bad.

To come full circle, it's painfully obvious why people like Maddow latch onto stuff like this. It's about as low-hanging fruit as you can get. And yet conservatives act like they've somehow been wronged by the whole thing. If you look at it objectively, it should come as no surprise why any of it is happening. Conservatives keep brushing shoulders with racists and white supremacy groups, whether it's on purpose or not.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, knapplc said:

BREAKING - man does something legal. 

Is it only Boomers reading the Post these days? Does anyone really care about weed anymore?

The coverage of the halftime show has been very weird.

I've seen several articles from the likes of NPR, Rueters, CBS reporting on the fact that Eminem knelt during the show.  It wasn't during the anthem (we aren't even sure of why asfaik, I just assumed it was to clear the stage for a Tupac tribute while watching live) so why would anyone feel the need to point it out?

• Plus1 3
  • 2 weeks later...