Media Bias

19 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You really are a piece of work. 

Ok thanks I guess.

anyways, if you could get around to answering the request I would appreciate it.  Being against teaching aspects of CRT isn’t the same as being against teaching about racism in the nations past. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
18 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ok thanks I guess.

anyways, if you could get around to answering the request I would appreciate it.  Being against teaching aspects of CRT isn’t the same as being against teaching about racism in the nations past. 

Yeah. The thing is, those "aspects" of CRT are the things that make today's Republican uncomfortable. It's not history's job to make you feel good about yourself. We are supposed to learn from history in order to keep from repeating mistakes. If you don't want to teach the true story of how we got to this place, you are fighting the teaching of racism. This notion that we are only talking about the nation's distant "past" only confirms the problem. 

Your turn. Ron DeSantis says CRT is "erasing" American history. Can you tell me what he's talking about, from a factual point of view? 

Either way, it appears that fighting CRT is a valuable GOP fundraising tool. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Stop blaming teachers for not teaching what you want but then also letting non-teachers have a say about s#!t that goes on in schools.

You will spend thousands of f#&%nig dollars for soccer camps and select VB but you won't sit down with your freaking kids to teach them s#!t you claim is important to you.  

It is not history's job to make you feel good...But it is your freaking job to teach your freaking kids what you want them to know.

Dee Snider embarrassed morons 30 years ago about parenting...clearly it was not only about music. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Stop blaming teachers for not teaching what you want but then also letting non-teachers have a say about s#!t that goes on in schools.

You will spend thousands of f#&%nig dollars for soccer camps and select VB but you won't sit down with your freaking kids to teach them s#!t you claim is important to you.  

It is not history's job to make you feel good...But it is your freaking job to teach your freaking kids what you want them to know.

Dee Snider embarrassed morons 30 years ago about parenting...clearly it was not only about music. 

applause-the-rock.gif

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Well said :worship

fail-clapping.gif

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

??

A history teacher's job is to teach history. Parents can tell their kids whatever they want at home, and of course they do.

But you want your textbooks and your teachers to come with expertise on the subject. Some kind of factual baseline independent of what parents tell kids at the dinner table.

That's the whole point.  

On most issues I'm aware of, parents have the teachers' backs. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

??

A history teacher's job is to teach history. Parents can tell their kids whatever they want at home, and of course they do.

But you want your textbooks and your teachers to come with expertise on the subject. Some kind of factual baseline independent of what parents tell kids at the dinner table.

That's the whole point.  

On most issues I'm aware of, parents have the teachers' backs. 

Again, then stop letting non-teachers decide what should be taught!

I am making this easy for all of you.

The whole point (besides my amazing post above) is that normies ruin it for teachers.  

Also, teach your kids at home the things you want them to learn.  Not you but I guarantee that the posters b!^@hing about not learning about redlining and the tulsa riots while in school have also never once sat down with their kids or nieces or nephews to "teach" them about it.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Again, then stop letting non-teachers decide what should be taught!

I am making this easy for all of you.

The whole point (besides my amazing post above) is that normies ruin it for teachers.  

Also, teach your kids at home the things you want them to learn.  Not you but I guarantee that the posters b!^@hing about not learning about redlining and the tulsa riots while in school have also never once sat down with their kids or nieces or nephews to "teach" them about it.

Well for 99 out of the last 100 years, most people knew nothing about the Tulsa Massacre, so they couldn't really teach it at home. A lot of people would swear redlining no longer takes place, assuming they know what the word means. We need teachers to be more trusted sources of information than the average parent, especially given what the parents are inclined to "teach" them at home. I guarantee you, any political agenda can find a "teacher" or even a published historian to validate something they want to edit into or out of a textbook or curriculum. So yeah, normie interference is a problem. But what are you gonna do? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well for 99 out of the last 100 years, most people knew nothing about the Tulsa Massacre, so they couldn't really teach it at home. A lot of people would swear redlining no longer takes place, assuming they know what the word means. We need teachers to be more trusted sources of information than the average parent, especially given what the parents are inclined to "teach" them at home. I guarantee you, any political agenda can find a "teacher" or even a published historian to validate something they want to edit into or out of a textbook or curriculum. So yeah, normie interference is a problem. But what are you gonna do? 

I told you what to do.

1.  Teach your kids the things you think are important

2.  Get normies out of education

That is it.  

Normies telling teachers what/how to teach is like me telling the fire department how to fight fires. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Normies telling teachers what/how to teach is like me telling the fire department how to fight fires. 

No, it's not.

I agree that teachers should have a very large part of the discussion on what and how to teach, but the idea that the public should have no input or influence on public education is ridiculous.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I told you what to do.

1.  Teach your kids the things you think are important

2.  Get normies out of education

That is it.  

It's almost like you're advocating for a national clearinghouse on public school curriculum, as determined by professional educators without political interference or geographic considerations.

I'm in.

btw...the phrase "normie" is clearly designed to trigger and denigrate those not privileged enough to be teachers. I'm surprised you haven't already been canceled for using it.

And if firemen weren't so busy posing for calendars, maybe the public wouldn't have to tell them to do their damn jobs. 

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's almost like you're advocating for a national clearinghouse on public school curriculum, as determined by professional educators without political interference or geographic considerations.

I'm in.

btw...the phrase "normie" is clearly designed to trigger and denigrate those not privileged enough to be teachers. I'm surprised you haven't already been canceled for using it.

And if firemen weren't so busy posing for calendars, maybe the public wouldn't have to tell them to do their damn jobs. 

When I see a firetruck pull up to the store and 5 dudes get out to go buy freaking groceries...I almost rage!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

No, it's not.

I agree that teachers should have a very large part of the discussion on what and how to teach, but the idea that the public should have no input or influence on public education is ridiculous.

I know I know, you pay taxes...which is why you also get to pick out the cars the police purchase and you get to pick out the colors of the stop signs and you get to pick out the hoses that the fire department buys.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1