Economy

27 minutes ago, commando said:

this is terrible.   horribly wrong for our country.,  this economy is a disaster.   just beating our resident trumpers to their punchline.   carry on.

Not a Trumper, and adding jobs is good in general...but the economy on my level is not good. See my question above. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

39 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Not a Trumper, and adding jobs is good in general...but the economy on my level is not good. See my question above. 

What the person you quoted and others like him/her doesn’t understand somehow is that Trump is polling at 43% of the Republican Party primary and Republicans are only about 30% of the electorate yet Biden’s economic approval rate is roughly 33-35% OF THE ENTIRE ELECTORATE.   But I guess it’s “Trumpers” conveniently  ignoring the other half of the populace that thinks Biden economy is not so great because of his policies.  
But Trumpers:ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
38 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Problems I see in economy that is looming:

Housing prices and interest rates are CRAZY!

No one has fixed the student loan issue.  Forgiving loans doesn't fix future issues.

Crap is seriously crazy expensive.  My wife and I don't eat out anymore.  (Not an awful thing anyway)

It is f#&%ing brutal.

The stupid house prices are killing me.  

Eating out?  I can't remember the last time I went to a sit down place.  Maybe grabbing a (now) 6 dollar Papa Murph's pizza.

I said it over a year ago that we would see the price of s#!t explode and of course was met with "Oh it will come back down" no it won't, why would it?

My grocery bill is way more for way less.  But again, the good thing is that the 16 year old kid working at the greeter at my local Walmart is making that "living wage" at 17 dollars an hour.  While in HS, living at home.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

It is f#&%ing brutal.

The stupid house prices are killing me.  

Eating out?  I can't remember the last time I went to a sit down place.  Maybe grabbing a (now) 6 dollar Papa Murph's pizza.

I said it over a year ago that we would see the price of s#!t explode and of course was met with "Oh it will come back down" no it won't, why would it?

My grocery bill is way more for way less.  But again, the good thing is that the 16 year old kid working at the greeter at my local Walmart is making that "living wage" at 17 dollars an hour.  While in HS, living at home.

There is no chance we are getting the true cost of living inflation numbers btw! 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

There is no chance we are getting the true cost of living inflation numbers btw! 

I really have no idea what they would be but all you have to do is look at it from a micro point of view and how it affects you.

No one on this board or anywhere is actually happy with the cost of stuff right now.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

$17 an hour huh?