Economy

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Clearly you haven't been listening either.

"And when it comes to the gas prices, we're going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it's over, we'll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over," said Biden.

6 minutes ago, nic said:

"And when it comes to the gas prices, we're going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it's over, we'll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over," said Biden.

Yeah….that’s why he’s also talked many times about the need for oil companies to drill on the leases they have and lower prices.  

2 minutes ago, nic said:

Where does it state in that quote that the administration is enjoying this?   When you have lemons make lemonade.

BTW still waiting for your solution to high gas prices.  And while you're at it, I'd still love to hear your solution to making sure a repeat of WWII doesn't happen, you know since you don't think a liberal world order is an fun.  

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Where does it state in that quote that the administration is enjoying this?   When you have lemons make lemonade.

BTW still waiting for your solution to high gas prices.  And while you're at it, I'd still love to hear your solution to making sure a repeat of WWII doesn't happen, you know since you don't think a liberal world order is an fun.  

I know this isn't geared towards me but one step the administration could take is to come out and support oil and gas companies and let them know that they have backing.  Since they have came into office,  they have publicly stated that they want to stray away from fossil fuels and move towards greener solutions.  That has had a pretty big impact on the current situation.  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I know this isn't geared towards me but one step the administration could take is to come out and support oil and gas companies and let them know that they have backing.  Since they have came into office,  they have publicly stated that they want to stray away from fossil fuels and move towards greener solutions.  That has had a pretty big impact on the current situation.  

This has been the mantra with Democrats for a Long time. Why all of a sudden now is it having such negative affects?

53 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I don’t believe this. This has been where we’re headed for a long time. A few words from a likely one term president isn’t going to be a big factor in what oil companies do. 

• Plus1 1

Are people missing the obvious? Maybe the oil companies are purposely keeping prices higher than is actually required to help effect regime change to a party that will help them make even greater profits. They are taking records profits now, imagine what even greater relaxation of oversight and larger tax breaks would yield. Sure there are some natural market forces increasing prices but it is no secret that republicans will scrutinize them less and allow more favorable conditions for them to keep fleecing us while kicking the can of alternate energy sources even further down the road.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
On 7/3/2022 at 3:41 PM, JJ Husker said:

Are people missing the obvious? Maybe the oil companies are purposely keeping prices higher than is actually required to help effect regime change to a party that will help them make even greater profits. They are taking records profits now, imagine what even greater relaxation of oversight and larger tax breaks would yield. Sure there are some natural market forces increasing prices but it is no secret that republicans will scrutinize them less and allow more favorable conditions for them to keep fleecing us while kicking the can of alternate energy sources even further down the road.

It’s not just obvious. It’s been written about a lot. Investors are tired of boom and bust oil markets. Price goes way up, they make money, they drill a lot, price drops and they stop making so much money. 

But…..it’s easier to blame Biden for something he said. 

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s not just obvious. It’s been written about a lot. Investors are tired of boom and bust oil markets. Price goes way up, they make money, they drill a lot, price drops and they stop making money so much money. 

But…..it’s easier to blame Biden for something he said. 

I love the smell of capitalism in the morning!

Too many responses to cover everything…summary….

It sounds like people think oil companies like the Republicans better because Republican policies help the stock price and year end bonus versus the Democrat policies. Sounds reasonable. That means we might agree that Democrat policies do not favor the long term interests/profits of oil and gas companies. I would agree with this. 

Back to the original post. This is the second time Bezos has blasted Biden on Twitter for his actions and comments on inflation. This time he accused them of either not knowing economics or playing games. He seems concerned, and seems to think there are solutions the administration can implement to help. Maybe someone with Twitter should ask Bezos what those solutions are.  Last I heard, Bezos was a Democrat.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, nic said:

sounds like people think oil companies like the Republicans better because Republican policies help the stock price and year end bonus versus the Democrat policies. Sounds reasonable. That means we might agree that Democrat policies do not favor the long term interests/profits of oil and gas companies. I would agree with this. 

Maybe some.  But, that’s not what is driving gas prices so high right now.  

3 hours ago, nic said:

That means we might agree that Democrat policies do not favor the long term interests/profits of oil and gas companies. I would agree with this. 

Yes the Democrats are generally opposed to people who are financially motivated to have us keep destroying our planet more and faster than we need to, you are right about that.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

This is sort of like social media and media in general picking sides in the last election to help move it in a direction they wanted. 

• Haha 2