The 2022 Congressional Elections

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

How is it a ridiculous gotcha question.   I’m asking when is it not appropriate to terminate a healthy baby when the mother is healthy and an uneventful delivery is anticipated?   Is it up to “a woman and her doctor” up to the day of delivery or earlier?  

You folks NEVER want to answer this question yet always want answers from the other side of the debate. 

I said I'd answer the question when you found a licensed doctor that would abort a healthy pregnancy the day before the due date?

I'll choose to wait for that answer before I continue on.

I guess my "lack" of an answer is on you.  I'm pretty sure you even called my request "fair enough". If you want my answer, you know what to do :thumbs

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I said I'd answer the question when you found a licensed doctor that would abort a healthy pregnancy the day before the due date?

I'll choose to wait for that answer before I continue on.

I guess my "lack" of an answer is on you.  I'm pretty sure you even called my request "fair enough". If you want my answer, you know what to do :thumbs

You wanted no part of the follow up question with a different time-point:thumbs

And to your statement about finding a doctor who will perform that procedure at the end of a pregnancy, we won’t know until it’s actually an option for them.  You are asking a question I have no real ability to answer unless I call every OBGYN for an on the record answer.  

On 10/25/2022 at 3:38 PM,  Archy1221 said: 

Fair enough, change the timeframe then to 27 weeks into a healthy pregnancy? 

That’s not what the conversation was about.  Why do we have to change it?  Is what you originally asked about not a real thing?

• Fire 1
28 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

How is it a ridiculous gotcha question.   I’m asking when is it not appropriate to terminate a healthy baby when the mother is healthy and an uneventful delivery is anticipated?   Is it up to “a woman and her doctor” up to the day of delivery or earlier?  

You folks NEVER want to answer this question yet always want answers from the other side of the debate. 

Me personally, I think that should be somewhere around the 20-30 week range.  But, the problem with that is, as we've seen, putting legal limitations on this, creates unintended consequences that are severe negative affects on people.  THAT is what I have a problem with.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Me personally, I think that should be somewhere around the 20-30 week range.  But, the problem with that is, as we've seen, putting legal limitations on this, creates unintended consequences that are severe negative affects on people.  THAT is what I have a problem with.

Exactly, we need a legal framework that is flexible enough for unintended or unexpected conditions. That's why allowing doctors to make medical decisions with their patients is way better than lawmakers and courts.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Exactly, we need a legal framework that is flexible enough for unintended or unexpected conditions. That's why allowing doctors to make medical decisions with their patients is way better than lawmakers and courts.

Perhaps a legal limit as @BigRedBuster notes above but with the exception based on the signature of 1 or 2 doctors ???:dunno

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Perhaps a legal limit as @BigRedBuster notes above but with the exception based on the signature of 1 or 2 doctors ???:dunno

The fact is, prior to overturning Roe v. Wade, there were limits on late term abortions and states could set those limits as they see fit.

But....obviously that's not good enough for Republicans.  So, now for a Republican that celebrates overturning Roe v. Wade asking these questions, is pretty ridiculous.  

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

A few words :blink: :laughpound

Did you not see any of the clips from the debate:lol:

I don't believe you're really this ignorant but just in case it's common with people recovering from a stroke.  It's not an indication his cognitive function however.  

It's also not surprising you'd find it a hoot. 

https://www.statnews.com/2022/10/26/for-experts-on-stroke-fetterman-oz-debate-is-a-teachable-moment/

• Plus1 5
28 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I don't believe you're really this ignorant but just in case it's common with people recovering from a stroke.  It's not an indication his cognitive function however.  

It's also not surprising you'd find it a hoot. 

https://www.statnews.com/2022/10/26/for-experts-on-stroke-fetterman-oz-debate-is-a-teachable-moment/

The dude didn’t just struggle with “ a few words”. 

no matter how much you all want to gaslight for Fetty, he absolutely sucks as a candidate and the stroke obviously made him unelectable.  His debate performance was awful even according to Dem professionals.   

It’s much more sad that his wife would allow this to continue more so than a “hoot”   The “hoot” part is seeing people here defend his performance.  

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Slim possibility that would work against Marshall, but ZERO chance that would come close to working against Moran in KS 

Really it's more about demographics than the performance against specific candidates.

Montana and Kansas are similar in that they are White states with large numbers of college educated voters. Democrats tend to do well with them. Montana especially has elected Democrats in the past, although that will be increasingly difficult. 

By throwing support behind a candidate to the Right of the average Democrat candidate (but still to the left of a Republican) it increases their chances of winning. Especially if the candidate is MAGA, they would be highly susceptible to this because they're generally terrible political candidates with even worse policy ideas. 

When it comes to the Senate, it at least helps the Democrats pass popular items at the expense of their more progressive policies (which don't have a chance of passing anyway).