The 2022 Congressional Elections

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

I did!  Because so many of the dongmasters  were predicting it!  And because I liked the odds.  But like, I am a horribe gambler, so why did I think I was nail this?  Oh yeah...because I am a dongmaster too.

It really shows that you need to believe in yourself, you know?  

Are you drunk at school again?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wouldn't it be nice if Republicans actually believed this too? 

Also, wouldn't it have been nice if this guy would have won?

OH made a huge mistake.  Ryan ran a great campaign, and is about as mainstream middle of the road as any politician.  

• Plus1 3

Maybe an unpopular opinion here, but the race I was most happy to see go the way it does was the Pennsylvania Senate race. Screw Dr. Oz. That guy is an unscrupulous piece of crap who hocked stuff he knew was at best useless and at worse harmful to morons just to make a buck and then carpetbagged his way all the way to some random state because he got bored on TV and wanted power just cuz.

Conversely, Fetterman is just the type of candidate Democrats should be running. He's a well-known, well-liked brand in his state and despite his flaws, seems extremely authentic, which is a nice contrast with Oz. And he outperformed Biden in his home state.

Running candidates who are well-liked in their state running on popular local issues instead of relying on whoever can kiss the party leader's butt the most seems like smart politics.

• Plus1 6
  • TBH 1

AZ, CA and NV seriously need to change their state statutes on how they count votes.   

@Guy Chamberlin do you know the reason why some of these political pundits are saying it could take 30 days to count the votes in CA?   I don’t understand what statute or way of counting could cause that.   Secondly, has the state legislature ever tried to change it or are they happy with the way it is?  Thanks in advance. 

• TBH 1

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

His lead has grown.  But, I'm sure there will be a recount.

That's from yesterday afternoon.  The lead is now 64 votes.  Looking at the ballots that still need to be counted I think Boebert will pull it out.  

The remaining 1800 in-person votes will break heavily for Boebert.  

Just now, funhusker said:

I wasn't sure.  That's why I was surprised that @Scarletwould think Boebert would be in a good spot.

I think it's still going to be very tight. Probably have a recount :dunno 

It's not my district, but it's hard not to get caught-up in wanting her out. She's a disgrace to public office and human beings in general. 

• Plus1 3