2021-2022 Season Notes

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They are playing worse than even a bad coach would produce.

They are capable of playing how they played at NC State.  But, something happened since then that has really screwed up this team.

That suggests politics/behind the scenes stuff going on. And if the recruiting scandal talk is legit, and the kids had the inside scoop... :dunno

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

That suggests politics/behind the scenes stuff going on. And if the recruiting scandal talk is legit, and the kids had the inside scoop... :dunno

Makes the most sense. The Western IL, Creighton and NC St losses looked like a young new team still figuring out how to gel together and work the kinks out. 

Indiana, Michigan and Auburn look like a team that has given up entirely. They look like they’re taking absolute zero coaching from Fred and are just playing for themselves. 

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That is what I'm wondering.  But...again...this is all speculation at this point.

Obviously there's some pretty serious smoke.  Sounds like we'll hear about it this week if it's true.  Really doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they'd come after us when we're so god awful and there's countless schools they could get.  Not to mention the ones the did "get" that basically nothing has happened to.

Here are my thoughts:

Recruiting scandal most likely ends with Matt A being gone if it is "juicy enough". 

The team biggest struggles are because the offense relies on the 3 and they cant make it. They miss it, have zero second chance opportunities and then struggle with transition defense. 

This team will upset a few teams as soon as the 3's start to go in. That will allow them to set up defense on the other end. 

They just need confidence. They also need a few bulldogs to start getting rebounds.

I personally am not a huge Verge fan because he has yet to turn that aggressive attacking style into a tool to get more assists, but honestly he is our only source of offense--so cant really tell him to stop.

I am not ready to call this season a wash. The team was sick against Michigan. 

That all being said, they need to turn it on before its too late. 0-2 and things dont get easier with OSU/MSU as the next two B1G games. 

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I personally am not a huge Verge fan because he has yet to turn that aggressive attacking style into a tool to get more assists, but honestly he is our only source of offense--so cant really tell him to stop.

I'm not a fan of his either.  The reason why he hasn't turned his aggressive play into assists is a) the rest of the team just standing around and b) he chooses to throw up horrible shots instead of creating for others.  

22 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Poor guy walked into a situation where not only have the two flagship program been historically awful for the past 4 seasons, but also (possibly) have been committing NCAA violations. Very glad Trev decided to take the job, IDK where we would be if he didn't. 

Trev may end up being our AD's biggest hire over the past 20 years and the next 20. 

And that includes Cook's replacement (he's not long for the sideline) and if Frost and/or Hoiberg are replaced. People underestimate the need for a strong, capable, long-term AD. 

On 12/14/2021 at 8:39 AM, BigRedBuster said:

They are playing worse than even a bad coach would produce.

They are capable of playing how they played at NC State.  But, something happened since then that has really screwed up this team.

That's how I feel too.  The offensive flow isn't consistent, and the team needs to hit buckets.  I don't understand why this is so hard at NU. :hmmph