QB Dylan Raiola

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Raiola commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I don't think that's the case here.

At Georgia, the expectation would be to compete for playoff spots and getting to the National Championship. With the way they recruit, anything that isn't at least qualifying for a 12 team playoff is a massive failure. I think Georgia fans would expect to win at least 1 playoff game each year.

At Nebraska, the expectations aren't even in the same stratosphere. The expectations here would be getting to bowl games early in his career, with the hope that Nebraska qualifies for a big time bowl game (NY6 or equivalent) once in his career. Even if Nebraska doesn't do that, which I don't think they currently can, guiding the program to a few 8-4 or 9-3 records would be a huge.

I don't want to make too many assumptions, but I doubt Raiola would leave Georgia because of their expectations. My impression is that the Nebraska program is as heavily scrutinized, watched, and media-covered as any program in the country. I'd be surprised if too many other programs continuously have 20+ media members at every press conference, practice, interview session, etc. Given the size of the school and our state, if escaping expectations were the goal, he could go to any number of other programs.

• TBH 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

At Georgia, the expectation would be to compete for playoff spots and getting to the National Championship. With the way they recruit, anything that isn't at least qualifying for a 12 team playoff is a massive failure. I think Georgia fans would expect to win at least 1 playoff game each year.

Nebraska is the OG at that. I'd like to think the last 7 years have humbled us somewhat, but it's in our DNA. When I watch Georgia media and fans these last few weeks panicking because they lost 1 game and potentially one big recruit and yet they still have a fantastic QB room, almost certainly the top class and will rank very, very highly next preseason it gives me deja vu to how we once behaved. The difference, and likely why Dr Tom lasted as long as he did, is we didn't have the internet back then to amplify everything.

At Georgia, Raiola is another QB whom may not even ever start as crazy as that sounds. They have a lot of talent in that program and as amazing as Raiola is as a prospect you could make the argument he isn't even their best QB prospect in this class. Plus Kirby has developed a habit of having QBs sit several years and that may not jive with what Raiola is looking for.

Here, he's the legacy, the savior of the program. We saw how Frost handled that burden as coach.

• Plus1 2
On 12/11/2023 at 6:38 PM, Cornfed said:

WTactualF.. this is the most stunned I’ve been hopping onto huskerboard since we hired MR. This, for a much better reason. Damn.. there would be no better way to win the offseason than to make this flip. 

Mike Riley that is.. lol. Rhule I was fiddy fiddy on (that’s changed dramatically).. but with Riley I knew we were f**ked. 

2 minutes ago, Ratt Mhule said:

Its going to be a last second field goal by Kirby Smart. Our opponents never miss these. 

I think that would be the straw that broke the camels back. I couldn’t watch another Purdy/HH season mixed with Satt play calling. I just couldn’t. 

• TBH 1

2 minutes ago, Ratt Mhule said:

Well… is this happening or not? With Kaelin canceling his visit im starting to think Kirby kicked that last second field goal afterall. 

Or Kaelin realizes that there's a good chance Raiola is only a 3 year guy and Kaelin is willing to sit and develop. Plus, as of right now Kaelin could easily be #2 going into next year. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Ratt Mhule said:

Well… is this happening or not? With Kaelin canceling his visit im starting to think Kirby kicked that last second field goal afterall. 

The guy is literally on campus right now. Do you think he came here to say oops, nevermind? Worst case scenario, he’s not yet 100% sure. 

• TBH 2
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola
  • Mavric pinned this topic