Nebraska Announcement Coming Tomorrow? (Dan Lusk news)

I couldn’t sleep last night because I was so excited to see what the announcement was. 

This is embarrassing. It’s like a 20 year old kid trying to sue his parents, that he still lives with, for not buying tickets to all three nights of Justin Bieber playing the Pepsi Center. 

Personally, I couldn’t be more disgusted with this announcement. This will accomplish nothing. Kevin Warren isn’t losing his job over this. However, Nebraska will be held accountable on the field. Typical lawyer move. Eat a shoe, Dan.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

That's great, I just don't see anywhere it says he's asking for money?

Not directly but the below alludes to the need for financial support-

"We have no big pockets to fund a marketing campaign. And we fear that B1G will try to squash it. Leaders must be held accountable and, simply put, that never happened here. This is only the first trailer. More to come. Please RT to support the project and get the word out!

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Not directly but the below alludes to the need for financial support-

"We have no big pockets to fund a marketing campaign. And we fear that B1G will try to squash it. Leaders must be held accountable and, simply put, that never happened here. This is only the first trailer. More to come. Please RT to support the project and get the word out!

But the article that knapp posted says it's already set to come out later this month. I think they just don't have any money/funding for a big marketing campaign 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, GSG said:

But the article that knapp posted says it's already set to come out later this month. I think they just don't have any money/funding for a big marketing campaign 

I missed that.  That makes sense I guess.  They still reap the reward from the clicks but at least they aren't directly asking for cash- just trying to build hype for the release.  Thanks

• Plus1 2

I don't understand the hate. The university has nothing to do with this. Looks like a doc that explores what happened last year and seems to have mostly Ohio State people interviewed in it. 

Kirk Barton, BuckeyeScoop.com

Bill Bender, SportingNews.com

Matt Connolly, ClemsonSports.com

Jonathon Cooper, 2020 OSU captain

Tony Gerdeman, BuckeyeScoop.com

Marc Givler, BuckeyeScoop.com

Tom Kakert, HawkeyeReport.com

Dan Lust, ConductDetrimental.com

Jessica Moorman, OSU football parent

Tom Orr, BuckeyeScoop.com

Erin Sorensen, HailVarsity.com

Tony Tskoulas, BamaInsider.com

Randy Wade, OSU Football Parent

• Plus1 4
12 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I missed that.  That makes sense I guess.  They still reap the reward from the clicks but at least they aren't directly asking for cash- just trying to build hype for the release.  Thanks

I mean, I could be wrong too. He might be trying to drum up some $$$ for more hair gel :) 

• Haha 1

I would rather the University is not associated with the production of this; but I think for the other schools that matter and their fans, we are generally viewed pretty favorably for our desire to play. Of course we also earned the ribing for sucking a$$ once we started the season.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This is a bad PR move for Nebraska. We gain nothing by dunking on the Big Ten over last season, and stand to further alienate ourselves from the conference. 

Exactly…and apparently just for the benefit of some ambulance chaser. As much as we all disliked how Warren and the B1G handled things last season, this is not a very “Nebraska” way to address it after the fact. I hope our school and AD publicly denounce and distance themselves from this.