Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Have you noticed that none of the media is writing about how Frost is gone is he doesn't win "x" number of games?

You know how you often say when a new AD is brought in the job of the football coach is usually in jeopardy?

When you have a chance, take a look at Sipple's article today (I think today?) about why Frost is appearing so calm......

So you have full trust in what Husker media is writing about?  Got it.  

Regarding new AD's being brought in, in many cases where the old AD was fired or forced out, the reason the new AD is brought in is to make some coaching changes.  Now, as I mentioned earlier, given Trev's ties to Frost he may not be willing to make the tough decision to let Frost go if we end up under .500 again. I think it would be a mistake to retain Frost if he finished 5-7 or worse, and it would take away some trust I have in Trev, but he is the AD and will make the final decision and will have to live with those consequences.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So you have full trust in what Husker media is writing about?  Got it.  

Regarding new AD's being brought in, in many cases where the old AD was fired or forced out, the reason the new AD is brought in is to make some coaching changes.  Now, as I mentioned earlier, given Trev's ties to Frost he may not be willing to make the tough decision to let Frost go if we end up under .500 again. I think it would be a mistake to retain Frost if he finished 5-7 or worse, and it would take away some trust I have in Trev, but he is the AD and will make the final decision and will have to live with those consequences.  

Trev is one piece of the decision.

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

The pressure would get higher with a loss to Pudue, yes.

As it stands now.....and it would take quite a bit to change it....Frost will return.

I think the pressure would get higher for sure.  BUT, it might be self induced. Work yourself up and get some wrapped around the axle you get paralysis by over analysis and become combat ineffective.  Lost the remaining games as you try to start overthinking.  In shooting parlance, chasing the zero........Tweak so much you never get focused.  But you think your.....

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think the pressure would get higher for sure.  BUT, it might be self induced. Work yourself up and get some wrapped around the axle you get paralysis by over analysis and become combat ineffective.  Lost the remaining games as you try to start overthinking.  In shooting parlance, chasing the zero........Tweak so much you never get focused.  But you think your.....

Could happen lo

I'm just saying that despite Frost's current record at Nebraska, the way the previous 3 years record and the stats such as record against divisional oppomenets......Frost has the support of the Nebraska brass.

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

If he goes 1-3 it's a complete joke if he is retained. Sellout streak is officially dead unless they want to force people at gunpoint to attend games next year. Scott just win the last 4. Sell your soul to the devil like TO did. 

If we bomb the last 4, it could change.

But truly Hedley, I want Frost to succeed too.  The defense is pretty good and there really is depth on that side of the ball.

I'm a fan of Frost's offense.....we just need that line to be better 

7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

If we bomb the last 4, it could change.

But truly Hedley, I want Frost to succeed too.  The defense is pretty good and there really is depth on that side of the ball.

I'm a fan of Frost's offense.....we just need that line to be better 

At this point it seems like a seemingly impossible miracle would have to take place for Frost to finish 3-1  I think it is more likely he’ll be 1-3 or 0-4   Which tares me apart- keep him and we face potentially more losing seasons — fire him and we lose a part of who we are and enter the unknown of a search and a new staff.   Those are my emotions but my brain says we got to stop the bleeding immediately 

18 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Could happen lo

I'm just saying that despite Frost's current record at Nebraska, the way the previous 3 years record and the stats such as record against divisional oppomenets......Frost has the support of the Nebraska brass.

Are you hearing this from your insider sources?  Regardless of what the higher ups decide, do YOU feel Frost should be retained if we finish with another losing season that includes a bad loss against OSU?

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic