Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here are some additional data points put together related to the current situation with Frost.  

Those are some more very depressing stats.....So there's a chance Frost turns it around......I do wonder if any of those did wholesale staff changes....Just like it's mathematically and statistically impossible to be 5-17 in one score games, it appears to be the same odds that Frost turns this around....

11 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

I can handle NU getting their stuff packed in by OSU, but when it is Illinois, Purdue, and Minny doing the packing that's another thing.  Scores may not be as wide spread but each of those programs have toyed with this program the last four years in games.

I didn't look to verify, but a posted said that we do not have a wining record under Frost against any B1G west team....

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Those are some more very depressing stats.....So there's a chance Frost turns it around......I do wonder if any of those did wholesale staff changes....Just like it's mathematically and statistically impossible to be 5-17 in one score games, it appears to be the same odds that Frost turns this around....

I didn't look to verify, but we do not have a wining record under Frost against any B1G west team....

2-2 against Northwestern and Illini, 1-3 against Minny, 1-2 against Purdue and the good old o-fer with Iowa and Wisky

• Plus1 4

7 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

2-2 against Northwestern and Illini, 1-3 against Minny, 1-2 against Purdue and the good old o-fer with Iowa and Wisky

Thanks.  That's not close to owning any of them....And losing to a depleted Minnie two years in a row.....Reality is a hard kick in the a$$.  If it wasn't Frost, there wouldn't even be a conversation....

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, lo country said:

Thanks.  That's not close to owning any of them....And losing to a depleted Minnie two years in a row.....Reality is a hard kick in the a$$.  If it wasn't Frost, there wouldn't even be a conversation....

But you have a morale victory againsteach of OSU, MIchigan and MSU during that time frame.  And those count for something these days I've heard

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

And against the East

OSU 1-5

MSU 4-3

Maryland 2-0

Indiana 1-1

PSU 4-1

UM 0-2

I can't believe that we own PSU that much......And we still have 5 wins as the high tide mark....

5 minutes ago, lo country said:

And against the East

OSU 1-5

MSU 4-3

Maryland 2-0

Indiana 1-1

PSU 4-1

UM 0-2

I can't believe that we own PSU that much......And we still have 5 wins as the high tide mark....

But Scotty only has 1 win against PSU, 1-0 vs Rutgers and Maryland, 1-1 vs MSU and 0-fer against OSU, Michigan, and INDIANA

• Plus1 3

Trev sounds pretty supportive of Frost in this article. Is it AD speech or is he sincere.  I guess only his hairdresser knows.  :dunno

https://hailvarsity.com/football/trev-alberts-declines-to-make-bold-broad-statements-on-frosts-job-status-for-2022/

Alberts has been out to football practice as often as his schedule allows. He was there on Tuesday where he saw a “spirited” practice in pads. He saw a lot of ones versus ones action. He said he’d be very surprised if the team didn’t come out focused and play well against Purdue.

There are four games remaining in the 2021 football season. As the season rolls on and the losses mount, the topic of coach Scott Frost’s job security is going to continue to come up. Alberts was asked directly by a caller if it would be best to show public support for Frost returning next year. The caller felt doing that for program stability sake would help. Alberts said that he finds making declarative statements during the season as “counterproductive.”

“I do think that there’s a time and space for that,” Alberts said. “All I can tell you is I’ve been extraordinarily proud of Coach Frost and our coaching staff. I love working with Scott. We continue working together. I see great things for our football program. I watch other institutions fire coaches two games in.

“I know it’s crazy la-la-land in some of those respects. I’m proud of what Coach Frost and our staff has done. Like I said, we’ve got four games in the next five weeks that I think are a great opportunity for us. I’m really looking forward to seeing them play well against Purdue.”

Alberts did say on more than one occasion during his hour-long radio show that the football team has four opportunities left in the season to finish the year strong. He has faith in the team that they will be able to get that accomplished.

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Trev sounds pretty supportive of Frost in this article. Is it AD speech or is he sincere.  I guess only his hairdresser knows.  :dunno

https://hailvarsity.com/football/trev-alberts-declines-to-make-bold-broad-statements-on-frosts-job-status-for-2022/

What do you expect the AD to say with 4 games left? Of course he wants to be supportive of the staff and more specifically the student athletes. I would imagine if you went to Kansas the AD would say something similar. He wasn't going to say, practice looked average, I will be surprised if we show much effort against Purdue this Saturday. 

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

What do you expect the AD to say with 4 games left? Of course he wants to be supportive of the staff and more specifically the student athletes. I would imagine if you went to Kansas the AD would say something similar. He wasn't going to say, practice looked average, I will be surprised if we show much effort against Purdue this Saturday. 

I just now saw this was being discussed also on the Frost stays thread.  Yes, he has to play his poker hand.  Maybe it is also code - do well in the next 4 games and there is season 5  - do poorly and that is the end of the road.  

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic