Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Trying to look at the bright side.  Frost wants NU to succeed and appears to have a good relationship with TA.  Hopefully that means clear communication between everyone and a true desire to make the more than likely transition smooth as possible.

I just hope a lot of the young talent doesn’t start jumping ship if a coaching change is made.

How much will nebraska lose out on because frost is here?? The entire recruiting class right now is MAC level at best 

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

How much will nebraska lose out on because frost is here?? The entire recruiting class right now is MAC level at best 

I understand that.

But there is young potential all over the roster.  I’d hate to see those  guys transfer just because they don’t trust the new staff (assuming there will be one).

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Trying to look at the bright side.  Frost wants NU to succeed and appears to have a good relationship with TA.  Hopefully that means clear communication between everyone and a true desire to make the more than likely transition smooth as possible.

I just hope a lot of the young talent doesn’t start jumping ship if a coaching change is made.

Id be more concerned of Frost staying and they leave......

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

This years recruiting class can only be saved by starting a clean slate asap and immediately hire a search committee to vet coaches who may be interested and even those who may be long shots. Money does talk but Frost and his guys didn’t deserve the kind of pay they received. This is buyers remorse. You either gamble with a big name unproven guy (Deion Sanders), or you go after Jon Gruden, Lane Kiffin, some other big names. They may not want to come here but do any of us truly know that as fact??? No. But the bleeding HAS to stop.

52 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Calhoun. Monken. We'd get either one for a steal. Or even Brent Thompson at The Citadel. 

Both Calhoun & Monken intrigue me. They have done well at service academies without a wealth of talent. And they are certainly well versed in running the ball which would make a lot of people happy and be a fit for the B1G.

• Thanks 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic