Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I just now saw this was being discussed also on the Frost stays thread.  Yes, he has to play his poker hand.  Maybe it is also code - do well in the next 4 games and there is season 5  - do poorly and that is the end of the road.  

Everyone that says this was a sign of Frost being back next year end of story should understand that Trev was asked point blank to say Frost would be back next season. This was the answer he gave. He said complimentary things towards Frost but he didn't give his unwavering Frost is our coach next year. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Everyone that says this was a sign of Frost being back next year end of story should understand that Trev was asked point blank to say Frost would be back next season. This was the answer he gave. He said complimentary things towards Frost but he didn't give his unwavering Frost is our coach next year. 

Yep, I noticed that as well.   Does 2 + 2 = 4?   "I think math is a unique science and that it can be used creatively to solve many problems.  We can use 2  + 2 as an example of problem solving - a great formula to help us determine what it will take to land a man on Mars some day.  I'll tell you more after my trip on the Bezos rocket in 2025."

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Trev seems to be the type to let the entire season play out before deciding.  I’d bet he’d like to keep Frost, but if things go south, he’ll make a decision to do what needs to be done. A couple things he’s made abundantly clear are his fear of apathy and his belief that fan support is not to be taken for granted.  Anyone who feels confident they know now what Trev will do in regards to HCSF is kidding themselves IMO.  

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Ok so you would be on board with making a HC change this year if we end up with another losing season?

If Alberts somehow had a proven head coach lined up that had actual credentials as a Power 5 success, then probably, yes.

Not sure why you're pressing me so hard for my take. I've tried to convey two times that I'm talking about my prediction about what I think is going to happen, not what I think should happen.

3 minutes ago, Undone said:

If Alberts somehow had a proven head coach lined up that had actual credentials as a Power 5 success, then probably, yes.

Not sure why you're pressing me so hard for my take. I've tried to convey two times that I'm talking about my prediction about what I think is going to happen, not what I think should happen.

I think he just wants to know if those things align (what you think should happen and what you think will happen). I think it is more likely Frost is back next year than not currently. I also think these next 4 games will tilt things to one way or another. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Trev seems to be the type to let the entire season play out before deciding.  I’d bet he’d like to keep Frost, but if things go south, he’ll make a decision to do what needs to be done. A couple things he’s made abundantly clear are his fear of apathy and his belief that fan support is not to be taken for granted.  Anyone who feels confident they know now what Trev will do in regards to HCSF is kidding themselves IMO.  

Yep, Trev is smart enough to not paint himself into a corner with quotes. The probability of going 4-8 or 3-9 with 2 beatdowns is low, but hardly impossible. And if that happens, Trev will want options. 

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think it is more likely Frost is back next year than not currently. I also think these next 4 games will tilt things to one way or another. 

In August, do you think Alberts thought he was going to need to start doing a serious head coaching search over the next 60 days?

I really doubt it. Could be wrong, but I really doubt it.

If I could be a fly on the wall of Trev's office the biggest question I have is whether he's been putting together a list this past month or not. Again, my gut says that he hasn't. Osborne is still alive and no doubt gives Scott his full support.

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think he just wants to know if those things align (what you think should happen and what you think will happen). I think it is more likely Frost is back next year than not currently. I also think these next 4 games will tilt things to one way or another. 

One of the reasons Trev was brought in was to give Frost more behind the scenes support than Moos was doing.  Trev attends some practices and is with the team in the locker room and during travel.

Trev wants to make sure the team hasn't given up on finishing strong.  That will help with the "one or two pieces away" thing.

Trev also is building excitement for the last four games.

• Haha 4
5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

One of the reasons Trev was brought in was to give Frost more behind the scenes support than Moos was doing.  Trev attends some practices and is with the team in the locker room and during travel.

Trev wants to make sure the team hasn't given up on finishing strong.  That will help with the "one or two pieces away" thing.

Trev also is building excitement for the last four games.

*trying to build excitement for the last 4 games. They are literally doing BOGO for tickets. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
20 minutes ago, Undone said:

I agree with you about proven P5 experience being crucial.  As for the latter, I am just curious how other fans are feeling as I know how I am feeling about his tenure thus far in the program.  

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I just now saw this was being discussed also on the Frost stays thread.  Yes, he has to play his poker hand.  Maybe it is also code - do well in the next 4 games and there is season 5  - do poorly and that is the end of the road.  

A smart AD would keep his cards close to the vest so I applaud Trev for doing that. Showing support for the team and HC is always good too during the season for 2 reasons:

1.  It really is helpful for the players and coaches to know the AD wants them to succeed

2.  It's also helpful if the AD chooses to change HCs as he can look back and feel confident he did all that he could to help the current coach (who also happens to be a former player) succeed.

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Trev sounds pretty supportive of Frost in this article. Is it AD speech or is he sincere.  I guess only his hairdresser knows.  :dunno

https://hailvarsity.com/football/trev-alberts-declines-to-make-bold-broad-statements-on-frosts-job-status-for-2022/

Last week there was an old headline tracking across the HuskerBoard teaser bar with Frost promising the team was "all-in" for the Minnesota game, and the article I clicked on promised no letdown from the Michigan loss, renewed focus to finish the season strong, and great practices from a totally motivated team. 

I think they pretty much duplicated that for the lead up to Purdue. 

You say what you have to say, you don't throw your players under the bus, and you give no hint of instability.

But we have no honest idea what the mood is inside the program. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic