Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

21 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Interesting. So you now have connections with the higher ups and know what the donors are telling them? 

Let us know when you meet with the donors or higher ups so we can send along some feedback.

Not all big money donors are happy with Frost. I know one of them who is in a similar stance as many of us. Win 6 and come back. Lose 3 more and we have a decision to make. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

3-5  if you describe that as competitive, you have become conditioned to very low expectations.  We aren't playing horse shoes. 

I am very well of the record as is every poster, player, coach administrator and booster 

We are playing competitive football.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I don't think a single person on this board disagrees with you. It is a decision that will be made/determined based on the next 4 games. 

Hedley, you say this as if you're one of the folks making the decision as to what the criteria is. Unless we opened some West Des Moines office of the athletic department, I somehow doubt that to be true. 

Frost will be back next year regardless how we finish. Next year, he earns an extension or he doesn't.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Hedley, you say this as if you're one of the folks making the decision as to what the criteria is. Unless we opened some West Des Moines office of the athletic department, I somehow doubt that to be true. 

Frost will be back next year regardless how we finish. Next year, he earns an extension or he doesn't.

Yeah, you have to live next door to people to communicate with them. I sent a carrier pigeon a few weeks ago to North Stadium for Trev. I anticipate a response shortly in quill pen ink. I am not one of the folks making the decision however this doesnt mean I dont know someone that is. 

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Yeah, you have to live next door to people to communicate with them. I sent a carrier pigeon a few weeks ago to North Stadium for Trev. I anticipate a response shortly in quill pen ink. I am not one of the folks making the decision however this doesnt mean I dont know someone that is. 

But you live a state away. How would you possibly know someone connected to the program? The logistics don't make sense.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Remember when Mike Riley's Huskers won six games, lost a few really close ones on single plays, and upset a Top Ten team?

It's kinda like that. Except for upsetting a highly ranked team. 

I remember Mike Riley even had us undefeated and ranked.

Perhaps Frost can learn from this guy - Coach Hammock (makes me sleepy  but I digress) from Northern Ill.  At least we aren't mentioned in Forde's 7 worse HC jobs. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/forde-yard-dash-seven-worst-power-5-head-coaching-jobs/ar-AAPYkEu?ocid=entnewsntp

COACH WHO EARNED HIS COMP CAR THIS WEEK

Thomas Hammock (38), Northern Illinois. The third-year coach of the Huskies is either living right or doing a fantastic job in pressure situations, because his team is now 5—1 in one-score games. That includes two one-point wins and one two-point victory. The most recent nailbiter was a second-half rally from 17 down to beat Central Michigan, 39-38. Three times this year, NIU has scored the winning points in the final minute, with Michigan State transfer quarterback Rocky Lombardi leading those drives.

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic