Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

32 minutes ago, Undone said:

Both of those things you said are correct. But we won't go 7-5, and the odds of even going 6-6 seem astronomically low at this point.

Frost will be here next year, and he better find a way to go 7-5 or he needs to be fired.

So you are on board with firing in Year 5 but not Year 4? I am just curious what makes 4 losing seasons not cause for firing but 5 losing seasons would be a cause for firing?

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So you are on board with firing in Year 5 but not Year 4? I am just curious what makes 4 losing seasons not cause for firing but 5 losing seasons would be a cause for firing?

Nah, not necessarily what I'm saying. I'm saying that given all the information I have personally, I think the administration is leaning towards giving him one more year.

25 minutes ago, Undone said:

Nah, not necessarily what I'm saying. I'm saying that given all the information I have personally, I think the administration is leaning towards giving him one more year.

I don't think Eichorst could have fired Bo Pelini in 2014 if the Huskers had simply beaten a mediocre Minnesota at Memorial Stadium the week after the Wisconsin debacle. 

Winning matters and so do style points.

I think this administration definitely prefers giving Frost another year, but Scott still has to earn it. 

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What makes 4 losing seasons firable but not 3?

Good question as Riley was fired after 3.  Are you thinking Frost should have been too after 3?  

I honestly struggled with some of the decision making of Frost in year 3 (and the results) but view a 4th year as more than adequate time for a coach to have all the players and staff he needs to have success on the field.  

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What makes 4 losing seasons firable but not 3?

Mike Riley @19-19 after year 3 would like to know the answer to the flip side of that question. Why did he get fired in year 3 wt a better record while many are talking 5 years for Frost. Yes we know the answer but it proves the irrationality of 5 years after 4 losing years or at least shows the emotional attachment to Frost 

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't think Eichorst could have fired Bo Pelini in 2014 if the Huskers had simply beaten a mediocre Minnesota at Memorial Stadium the week after the Wisconsin debacle. 

Winning matters and so do style points.

I think this administration definitely prefers giving Frost another year, but Scott still has to earn it. 

does he?

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Mike Riley @19-19 after year 3 would like to know the answer to the flip side of that question. Why did he get fired in year 3 wt a better record while many are talking 5 years for Frost. Yes we know the answer but it proves the irrationality of 5 years after 4 losing years or at least shows the emotional attachment to Frost 

Riley took over .700 program from Pelini and took it to .500

Riley also had the little issues of blowouts and not making Ohio State punt on national tv.

• Haha 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic