Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I wonder if anyone on this board has inside knowledge of the mood??

I guess how we play the first half will tell. 

Or not. I hate the games where the Huskers come out on fire, execute the offense perfectly, and march down for a score, followed by the opposing defense making the proper adjustments, and the Huskers flounder the rest of the game because the things that worked are no longer working. 

We've been a pretty good third quarter team this year, and that's the best progress I've seen.

It's the last five minutes of the game that will tell us where their head is at. 

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Or not. I hate the games where the Huskers come out on fire, execute the offense perfectly, and march down for a score, followed by the opposing defense making the proper adjustments, and the Huskers flounder the rest of the game because the things that worked are no longer working. 

We've been a pretty good third quarter team this year, and that's the best progress I've seen.

It's the last five minutes of the game that will tell us where their head is at. 

Yes, I understand that perspective.  The last 5 minutes have typically been status quo- 'here's one for the moral victory'.  However, the first half of Minne, Buffalo, Illinois, Michigan (after the opening drive)  were pretty telling about this team's mind. 

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yep, a lot of bluffing and BS by those who think they are in the inner circle of knowledge. 

My buddy used to tell me of a message board where all the connected people go to trade insider secrets. He told me it was password protected, and you had to know someone to get in, not like Red Sea Scrolls or 247 or anything. Never knew if it was a myth or it actually existed. He would always feed me info from a friend who was on that "board". Always took what he said with a massive grain of salt, but not gonna lie it always made me curious if such a place existed. 

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

My buddy used to tell me of a message board where all the connected people go to trade insider secrets. He told me it was password protected, and you had to know someone to get in, not like Red Sea Scrolls or 247 or anything. Never knew if it was a myth or it actually existed. He would always feed me info from a friend who was on that "board". Always took what he said with a massive grain of salt, but not gonna lie it always made me curious if such a place existed. 

Interesting.  Did he ever pass along some nuggets that turned out to be true?

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Was it like Nebraska pipefitters or something? I remember there being one that was under some weird occupational name like that

42 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

7 minutes ago, GSG said:

Was it like Nebraska pipefitters or something? I remember there being one that was under some weird occupational name like that

Yeah, it exists and it's called something like that. There's a person posting frequently in this thread who is a member, and offered to get me in. You have to pay a membership, or something like that, IIRC.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah, it exists and it's called something like that. There's a person posting frequently in this thread who is a member, and offered to get me in. You have to pay a membership, or something like that, IIRC.

Well, I didn’t so much offer as I was looking forward to the commission. :lol:

• Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic