Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

A win Saturday would be really good......

Meh. Would take us to 4 wins on the year out of 9 games played.

It only winds up being "really good" in retrospect if by some absolute miracle we win 3/4 and get to 6-6.

Otherwise, a win on Saturday is honestly practically meaningless.

• Plus1 1

Pick two wins against any two remaining teams, and you can make an admittedly thin case for progress. If the two losses are hard-fought, it bolsters the argument that this team is close and avoided the blowouts that have tainted three coaching staffs. 

Anything less and you're really stuck with the Huskers finding new ways to lose despite Scott Frost's best roster.

For any of you claiming to have inside information, the only thing I want to know is the mood of the players. 

• Plus1 6
10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Pick two wins against any two remaining teams, and you can make an admittedly thin case for progress. If the two losses are hard-fought, it bolsters the argument that this team is close and avoided the blowouts that have tainted three coaching staffs. 

Anything less and you're really stuck with the Huskers finding new ways to lose despite Scott Frost's best roster.

For any of you claiming to have inside information, the only thing I want to know is the mood of the players. 

I would agree with those measurables.

The other thing I think is an indicator of better recruiting and development is the number of NFL draft picks we will start to see again.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I would agree with those measurables.

The other thing I think is an indicator of better recruiting and development is the number of NFL draft picks we will start to see again.

You mentioned that a few posts ago, but if some of Riley's recruits do get drafted off this 5-7 team, how does that translate to development and optimism? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You mentioned that a few posts ago, but if some of Riley's recruits do get drafted off this 5-7 team, how does that translate to development and optimism? 

Allen, Stille, Daniels and Taylor-Britt are among the players that have developed into draft picks.

Reasons for optimism ....a deep DL, 60% of the OL in good shape for at least two more years and good overall talented youth at many positions 

Get the right side of the OL figured out and we're fine going forward 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Progress would be going 7-5 THIS season, and its still mathematically achievable.

Both of those things you said are correct. But we won't go 7-5, and the odds of even going 6-6 seem astronomically low at this point.

Frost will be here next year, and he better find a way to go 7-5 or he needs to be fired.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Undone said:

Both of those things you said are correct. But we won't go 7-5, and the odds of even going 6-6 seem astronomically low at this point.

Frost will be here next year, and he better find a way to go 7-5 or he needs to be fired.

How sad are we that we are at the point of please get 7 wins....with this schedule....floor should be 9 or 10 wins in year 5 with this schedule.

Northwestern

North Dakota 
Georgia Southern
Oklahoma 
 Rutgers 
Indiana 
Michigan 
Minnesota 
Wisconsin 
Purdue 

Illinois 

Iowa