New Offensive Coordinator options?

7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

And yes, there will be nice guaranteed money.  Frost took the one year million dollar pay cut to help make it happen

Agreed, and that money being freed up goes a long way for sure.

7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

And if Joseph thought Nebraska was a "sinking ship", he would have went elsewhere

Not if the price is right...

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, remember, he also dropped his buy out.  So, there's buyout money on the table too for more guarantee.

Yes.

Frost fired his underperforming "buddies" and adjusted his own pay to help get the right people in place 

I'm sure Alberts didn't just tell Mickey Joseph "good luck" with Frost.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, The Dude said:

The Army-Navy game isn't until the 11th.  Patience...

I am very conflicted about this option. My alma mater losing Brent Davis would be a kick in the nuts, but my Huskers getting a great coach would be like walking into a bar and going home with the hottest woman there. I am leaning towards this being a win overall though because I have faith in Monken to keep the ball rolling for Army, he is the man.

• Oh Yeah! 2
3 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I am very conflicted about this option. My alma mater losing Brent Davis would be a kick in the nuts, but my Huskers getting a great coach would be like walking into a bar and going home with the hottest woman there. I am leaning towards this being a win overall though because I have faith in Monken to keep the ball rolling for Army, he is the man.

Tell her to be gentle.  You just got kicked in the nuts.

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'd s#!t a brick if it's Grimes, Ludwig or Ruggiero. 

FWIW I did see one rumor that said Ruggiero was among the coaches contacted, but talks didn't go very far. (Same with Mark Whipple.)

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Toe said:

FWIW I did see one rumor that said Ruggiero was among the coaches contacted, but talks didn't go very far. (Same with Mark Whipple.)

Ruggiero has been with Clawson for years.  Like at every stop.  I think he'd be a great hire.  Not a "wow" as he has quietly assisted in turning the Deacs around.  Not an easy task. 

I am wondering if we are getting into our lower choices.....I still don't buy the whole "might be coaching in (insert game) excuse".  As others have said, maybe perspective coaches (at solid places/positions) are leery of coming to NU.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Ruggiero has been with Clawson for years.  Like at every stop.  I think he'd be a great hire.  Not a "wow" as he has quietly assisted in turning the Deacs around.  Not an easy task. 

I am wondering if we are getting into our lower choices.....I still don't buy the whole "might be coaching in (insert game) excuse".  As others have said, maybe perspective coaches (at solid places/positions) are leery of coming to NU.

To get Ruggerio, Grimes or Ludwig to take the risk and come here in this situation and that’s not a splash hire then I don’t know what one is.

All would be fantastic and out of this world hires in the current situation we are in.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

58AADECD-51E1-4872-A695-095CB2D7A7B5.thumb.png.10a12c0c13681985c3645a4f1b327c13.png

Ruggerio would be a phenomenal get.

To add, Kenneth Walker III (yes, MSU player) played under Clawson and Ruggiero for 2 years at Wake....He was a 3* with only 3 FBS offers.  he left Wake feeling that they didn't showcase all of his skills.  Dude still managed to score 13 TD's in 2020 (opted out last 2 games) and in 2 years rush 217 times for 1158 yards and 17 TD's....

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

To get Ruggerio, Grimes or Ludwig to take the risk and come here in this situation and that’s not a splash hire then I don’t know what one is.

All would be fantastic and out of this world hires in the current situation we are in.

I think it is, but because it's Wake he doesn't get the national attention he deserves.  What Clawson has done here is miraculous.  There is not a lot in Winston Salem.....

To clarify, I would not put those guys as lower choices.  I am referring to if we do not get one of these guys, what "tier" are we going to get?  Helfrich?  Graham Harrell? I do not want either one of them.  Maybe some do, but they are lower tier IHO for the scheme I'd like to see us go to.  

• Fire 1