Spring Practice Pressers

Mavric

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I sure hope this true and more than just normal coach speak. That’s really critical.  I saw better gang tackling last season than in about ten years I’d say.  Unfortunately often it’s several yards too far down field from the LOS but it’s a true sign of progress imo.  As the speed, strength and maturity improve (hopefully), those 4-5 yard gains become 2-3 yards. That leads to wins.  

I know the coaches are aware the fans see the weaknesses (STs, the lines and power run game) so you expect them to reference these topics.  We just don’t want lip service or BS.  Honesty is expected.  It does them no good to mislead cause the games will reveal the truth anyway.  

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I read another quote that said Oliver Martin was 'playing at a high level'.  It's great that he's having a good spring but honestly I'll believe quotes like that when I see it.  Let's hopefully see that 'high level'

once the season begins.

We did see it for one game, he was one of the very few bright spots against Illinois. He actually won a jump ball on 3rd down, which was miraculous because Martinez rarely threw legitimate jump balls and it felt like we hadn't had a receiver win one since Stanley Morgan. 6/103/1 in a game will get it done, going for 4/67/0 the rest of the season not so much - hopefully he can stay healthy. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

We did see it for one game, he was one of the very few bright spots against Illinois. He actually won a jump ball on 3rd down, which was miraculous because Martinez rarely threw legitimate jump balls and it felt like we hadn't had a receiver win one since Stanley Morgan. 6/103/1 in a game will get it done, going for 4/67/0 the rest of the season not so much - hopefully he can stay healthy. 

Yes I was at that game.  Maybe the massive refresh for the offense also could mean much better things for him this year.  We'll see.

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Maybe WRs not winning those is why not many were thrown.

• Thanks 1